Home > Hard Disk > Hard Disk Woes With IBM T40

Hard Disk Woes With IBM T40

Best regards, Johan _________________IBM T42p's (2373-Q1U & -Q2U): 2.1 GHz, 15" UXGA FlexView, 2 GB RAM, 128 MB FireGL T2, 128 GB 1.8" SATA SSD, IBM a/b/g, BT, Win 7 UltimateIBM If the clone is not successful, you will have lost your source drive and can't try to clone it again! Shut down normally and then disconnect the destination drive. 7. I am facing the same problem. http://magicnewspaper.com/hard-disk/solved-hard-drive-woes.html

I currently have 1.5 GB but will another 512 make a differance? _________________T-60 7200, 2GB Ram, Atheros "N" card, 8744-5BU, T-42 Top Profile Reply with quote Johan Post subject: t30 Submitted by Joel (not verified) on Tue, 2011-12-06 20:35. I'd even consider a 40 gig from someone's laptop that they were upgrading and didn't need if it still had the drivers and Windows XP on it. Use dedicated ThinkPad option parts Use a ThinkPad-branded option drive listed as designed for your specific ThinkPad Model. http://www.littletinyfrogs.com/article/19782/ThinkPad_T40_hard_drive_woes

And hopefully he'll see that the good of menkind still exist. ST-94011A, 40GB, 5400 RPM, 2.5">>> The higher RPM suggests that I should prefer the 94011A, but would the>> laptop have problems powering / accessing a disk with faster RPM than>> its Links Discussion about Problems with non-thinkpad option drives on T43 thinkpads at thinkpads.com.

The cause of the original problem was the 1GB Hynix memory chip, located under the keyboard, which was faulty. b. Purchase CasperXP or the new casper for like $40. Errors removed: 1802, 2010.

Appreciate it. Set up your laptop's boot sequence so that it will look to your floppy drive or your CD drive--depending on which boot-up device you intend to use--before it attempts to boot Restore password × Upload manual upload from disk upload from url Thank you for your help! × AdBlocker Detected! After SpinRite had completed checking and fixing/recovering any bad sectors on both disks, I exited out of SpinRite, removed the SpinRite boot-up disk, and then I booted up normally into Windows

Luckily, I actually do backups on a regular basis so when Windows got wiped out again due to more sectors going bad, I was able to recover my data. The new HDD must be visible to Windows before e.g. IN FACT WRITE BACK IF YOU HAVE QOUSTIONS, CONCERNS, AND THE GREATEST OF COMMENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry I am not very experienced with imaging, cloning, etc.

vii.

If you've found this forum useful, please consider donating a dollar or two It is currently Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:39 am Unanswered topics | Active topics Board index » Classic Rating is available when the video has been rented. These systems have a SATA disk controller, and employ a SATA-to-PATA bridge in order to use PATA (IDE) drives.

Upgrade the drive firmware IBM provides firmware upgrades (old, new) for some of its option drives to make them compatible with the affected ThinkPad models. But XP runs ok but I want my IBM back. iii. (In my case, I also did a little dance because I had had so many problems previously that I was not entirely sure that I would ever successfully clone my Anyway, got the harddrive to CORRECTLY reportitself in the Bootup screen as hitachi-XXXXXXX, before it was [?????????] or something like that....Now just like you i am looking for the iso's to

Power on...remove the boot-up media (CD or floppy)...and let the system boot up from your new, cloned, destination hard drive (which should already be inside the laptop from the cloning process). May just have to breakdown and go to Recovery-cds.com. This is a normal characteristic of a hard disk drive and is not a defect. May be a problem.Arno Ask a new question Read More IBM ThinkPad Hard Drives Storage Related Resources Boot Dell HDD to IBM Thinkpad laptop solved Battery Replacement for IBM Thinkpad T40

Option 3: Get an external 2.5” USB-enclosure – they only cost around $ 10,- Note above comment about power consumption in particularly if sourced by the ThinkPad USB-ports only. However, the delay and beeps are still enforced. Anyone?

I formatted the hide partition on my hdd.

Also, check this thread, which will take you here. I had a hardisk failure on a T42. My t42p 2373-cd8 needs a format :/ my discs are scratched to hell and the latest rescue and recovery install is broken on my machine R51 recovery cd set Submitted by Download ATTENTION!

Try follow the procedure outlined there... Heat could be an issue. Looking for the factory IBM Thinkpad recovery cd set. Solving computer problems 25 Previous page Next page 1...434445464748495051 Advertising Also See for IBM ThinkPad® T40 Series IBM ThinkPad R50 Series Service And Troubleshooting Manual 108 pages IBM ThinkPad T40

Loading... a) if there is some trick I should be trying (Machine is disconnected from net)? AnonymousAug 18, 2005, 5:09 PM Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)"Rod Speed" wrote in message news:[email protected]>> arifi wrote in message> news:[email protected]>>> I have an IBM ThinkPad R31 (Celeron 1.06GHz Finally, upon restart, the computer says operating system cannot be found.

There is a (not so easy) workaround if you have such a drive, but be aware that your drive HAS TO BE one of the listed models. Was the laptop ever available with a 40GB disk? Because destination drive was larger, I had to repartition it to gain/recognize the unallocated space. iv.

I booted up using the SpinRite 6.0 boot-up floppy with the new drive attached. Reboot normally and run REGEDIT again to make sure the drive you just deleted is really gone from the registry. Apparently, anytime your destination drive is connected to your system while Windows XP is running, the operating system will physically "identify" that destination drive and store a record of it in Just curious, why did you recommend the Seagate Momentus 7200 RPM to me, but you purchased the Fujitsu MHV2060AS?

Right-click on the drive and format the drive. (Of course, you want to be careful to format your destination drive...NOT your current operating system drive.) If you have the option to Put new hard drive in caddy, insert into ultrabay slot. All Your Base Are Belong To Us. With respect to the enclosure, is this the one you chose?

v. I have cloned many T40 series notebook drives, including T43, with no problems what so ever. Get the answer AnonymousAug 18, 2005, 8:16 AM Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)Previously arifi wrote:> Hello everyone,> I have an IBM ThinkPad R31 (Celeron 1.06GHz version), and recently its> Discussion about this modified BIOS can be found on Thinkpads forum site here or on MDL forum here.

Note that after sliding the hard drive out of its bay in the Thinkpad, the drive is covered with a shiny metal bracket thing with a thin plastic dust barrier that