Home > Windows 10 > 20 Mins To Boot Up (somethings Wrong)

20 Mins To Boot Up (somethings Wrong)

If you have time before a freeze happens, see what the CPU temperature is at, using something like PC Wizard or SpeedFan or something. I will never get one of these again thinking it would be a space saver but very frustrating to troubleshoot with. DZiner Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 10 12-10-2011 07:38 AM Posting Rules You may not post new threads You may not post replies You may not post attachments You may Considering the environment, if you have a spare drive, I'd pull that one and apply a fresh image then see what happens. navigate to this website

By that I mean to click the Startup tab and uncheck everything except your antivirus. Computer runs blazing fast on startup then after a little while it slows to a crawl. Reading your post though you got same problem as me with the long ♥♥♥ first time load. Discussions cover Windows installation, driver problems, crashes, upgrading, service packs, and other Windows 7-related questions.Real-Time ActivityMy Tracked DiscussionsFAQsPoliciesModerators Question Suddenly windows 7 startup takes 30+ min by demega123 / January 7,

Windows 10 Takes 30 Minutes To Boot

I rolled back Windows to the morning of the previous day & the problem still occurs.Will have a look at monitoring the CPU temps & voltages etc - will check what Registered: Oct 27, 2001Posts: 14880 Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:57 am A huge pile of someone else's money says your Windows hard disk drive is toast on a stick. But the screen stays on the starting windows instead of the intermittent reboots I had when the the video card was suspect few months back. Computer Type: PC/Desktop System Manufacturer/Model Number: Custom build OS: Windows 10 Pro / Windows 10 TP / Windows 8.1 Pro / Windows 7 Pro CPU: i5-6500 Motherboard: Gigabyte B150-HD3P-CF Memory: 16GB

I couple of times when I noticed the PC lock up, the screen freezes and a static type pattern appears. any HELP!!! There is a new version and I have plans to do this soon.... Windows 10 Slow Boot Black Screen Track this discussion and email me when there are updates If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and

I tried over and over, rebooting many times, and everytime, POST will complete, then a black screen and hangs on the black screen for 20 minutes, then Windows loads. Windows 10 Takes 20 Minutes To Boot My System Specs You need to have JavaScript enabled so that you can use this ... Any ideas on diagnostic software or where to start would be greatly appreciated. https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/suddenly-windows-7-startup-takes-30-min-582435/ I really appreciate your suggestions as you are the only one who has tried to help so far.

Scan for spyware applic too that may have installed unknowingly on ur sys, and boots up invisibly, taken up more resources. How To Start Windows 10 In Safe Mode In Windows XP, all of Windows' essential programs are loaded through something called "Windows Services." This means that most of the startup items you see in XP are completely optional and If you don't have one, try booting up into the BIOS setup, and see if there is a memory test option in there, or perhaps you have a diagnostic/utility partition, as Loading...

Windows 10 Takes 20 Minutes To Boot

Downloading UBCD which is in my signature.Burn the ISO Image to a blank CD using Imgburn (How to burn a ISO Image using Imgburn) burn at lowest speed. http://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?t=1229799 Could also be called "Standard" and "Extended" test or also "Comprehensive" test. Windows 10 Takes 30 Minutes To Boot This time I just waited, and after 25 minutes, Windows booted up. Windows 10 Takes 10 Minutes To Boot Registered: Jan 17, 2001Posts: 3522 Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:07 am after some delay because we moved office & various other things, here's a quick update.I booted from a live

after Format the laptop, no more headache. http://magicnewspaper.com/windows-10/new-laptop-take-over-3-mins-to-load.html Do a search on Yahoo for "Hard Disk Diagnostic Utilites" and find one that does data AND surface tests while also capable of booting/running from a CD or floppy thus bypassing Also, an overheating CPU can cause a freeze. Back everything up immediately, if you haven't already. Why Does Windows 10 Take So Long To Boot

Then from the command prompt type sfc /scannow.- If all else fails, you can check the rather cryptic system event log. So, thanks for making me do it again, the game now works like a charm. Have read in other forums to run DSIM.exe and found some errors, but didn't know what to do.. DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth DISM.exe /Online my review here of the computer, PSU, and HDD. 03-20-2013, 10:14 AM #3 piotrowr2012 Registered Member Join Date: Jan 2003 Posts: 71 OS: Win7 Thanks, to answer on the config: CPU

I deleted my post very soon afterward upon realising that you already check RAM and, but obviously you already read the post and pressed reply by then. Malwarebytes Newer Than: Search this thread only Search this forum only Display results as threads Useful Searches Recent Posts More... Powered it up this morning and successfully got to windows so left on for the day and it's good.

Any software installations, or was the computer moved/dropped?

i have athlon x2 4400+ 2,2 ghz 2 gb ram ddr 400 8800gt 512 mb and game starts in less than 2 minutes and dosent have huge loading times. Good luck. Remember, disable only those programs that you recognize and don't need to have running all the time. Also, an overheating CPU can cause a freeze.

Attached Files CBS.rar (151.1 KB, 5 views) My System Specs You need to have JavaScript enabled so that you can use this ... Also have you tried cleaning out any dust inside the tower? both are 64 bit UEFI... get redirected here All rights reserved.

prasanthjose · 10 years ago 0 Thumbs up 0 Thumbs down Comment Add a comment Submit · just now Report Abuse if youre running windows, a common problem is that if The ECOS rating of the Thermaltake TR2 RX-650AL3CH rates it at 80Plus (tests performed by independent labs), but this is really nothing but an efficiency test and not an in-depth review. As soon as it gets to:Loaded: \windows\system32\drivers\CLASSPNP.SYSIt hangs. Good luck clark · 10 years ago 0 Thumbs up 0 Thumbs down Comment Add a comment Submit · just now Report Abuse Reinstall the OS.

If I owned that board, I'd be bugging them regularly with emails asking when they were going to fix it. Memtest UBCD Remember dust buildup in your PC can be a killer!! 03-20-2013, 11:13 AM #5 [email protected] TSF Enthusiast Join Date: Nov 2004 Location: Pacific Northwest Posts: videobearAug 6, 2012, 9:39 PM xfile102 said: Any ideas? Please try again now or at a later time.

opened and run as an administrator) it would generate a a log file but it would tell you on screen that you had errors. When you're inside the case, see if you can find the serial number of the mobo, so when you email ASUS you can give them that. rdave13 15:30 20 Aug 13 It sounds as if the SSD isn't optimised or possibly failing. Your symptoms could be the result of a bad PSU.

My System Specs You need to have JavaScript enabled so that you can use this ... Stuck on Gigabyte scr Takes 5 minutes to load NVRAM? In my experience, a failing hard drive is more likely to throw blue screens (often with ntfs.sys listed as the culprit driver) than a freeze, the reason being read errors causing Brett928S2Aug 6, 2012, 7:00 AM xfile102 said: I had Run Hirens, Memory Diagnostics, No joy.

Registered: Jan 17, 2001Posts: 3522 Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:58 am Strange problem.The computer in question worked fine yesterday.Now, when it boots up, everything seems fine, but then within about I don't know where to start. However, a good rule of thumb is to disable only those programs that you recognize and don't need to have running all the time. More resources See also solved Windows boots up really fast with SSD but internet connection takes 2 minutes to connect.

I can right click on the screen and about 45 seconds later the options box pops up.