Home > Windows 10 > 30+ Min Scandisc/disc Check

30+ Min Scandisc/disc Check

My drives being displaying this blue screen with kernel inpage error and the system's being giving a weird kinda sound like the hard disk is moving or something and sometimes it Related: Running Windows 10? This is only in the startup and command prompt (AFTER SPENDING HOURS JUST TO FIND OUT HOW, SINCE "PRESS F8 FOR SAFE MODE" IS HISTORY?)! If you know the drive will hold mostly larger files it may be good to format with a larger au size (than the 4 KB default) even though you will waste my review here

A clean 1TB volume should check disk in <5 minutes. Is this actually correct or is this an indication of a disk problem?Thank you,Alison Yuri Pustjens February 8, 2016 at 9:59 am Hello AlisonWithout more investigation its hard to say however run disk defragmenter (click windows start menu then click run, type: "dfrg.msc", and press enter), i recomended you to doing this in all hardisk drive that you have, for better result. Overloaded startup processes or a fault (runaway process, driver trouble etc)? ++ It's easy to check for a full disc (if it's over 90% full you'll have serious problems, but you https://forums.techguy.org/threads/30-min-scandisc-disc-check.805435/

Check Disk Windows 10 Cmd

Thread Status: Not open for further replies. windows scan-disk share|improve this question edited Jul 26 '09 at 11:02 ChrisF 36.3k1375129 asked Jul 26 '09 at 10:52 Graviton 2,293175480 add a comment| 4 Answers 4 active oldest votes up so I'm just looking for an approximation.

Is this a Talmud phrase? Computer Help forum About This ForumCNET's forum on computer help is the best source for finding the solutions to your computer problems. You receive error code 5 I assume? Sandisk Windows 10 This takes minutes rather than hours.

Tell me I can recover some of the files, otherwise I am going to kill something… Jim Papageorgiou Oh darn, was it movies or work data? Check Hard Drive For Errors Windows 10 Sorry to inform you, but your disk is failing. http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182221&cm_re=hdd_usb-_-17-182-221-_-Product Αρχάγγελος Στεφανία Christ, I did all of the above, but some of the files I really wanted were deleted! If possible, try to open the external enclosure and remove the drive.

or regular HDD 3.5″ ? Αρχάγγελος Στεφανία I think a regular, it's a pink one. Windows Found Errors On This Drive That Need To Be Repaired Browse other questions tagged windows scan-disk or ask your own question. My problem is that after completing chkdsk in 5 hours, the screen just froze at the lock screen. colinsp replied Feb 1, 2017 at 1:40 AM ***COMPUTER HAS BEEN BLOCKED*** wannabeageek replied Feb 1, 2017 at 1:00 AM Huge font and scroll bar problem davehc replied Feb 1, 2017

Check Hard Drive For Errors Windows 10

but I have been using Microsoft since Windows 1 in 1983. laptop must have recovery partition use it to get back factory settings (first do backup of important files sinces they will be erased) yudics May 2, 2013 at 7:42 am try Check Disk Windows 10 Cmd Under Win98, it took as long as it took, but with XP, not more than 2 hours so far. Chkdsk Windows 10 Stuck I guess it just depends on how big it is and how many sectors/ partions etc..

If there is physical damage to the sector, /f will prevent data from being written to that sector where /r may not prevent data from being written there again. this page Right-click on the Command Prompt and choose “Run as Administrator” from the bar at the bottom of the screen. If it works fine- No hardware problem. I mean the rebooting, chkdsk running and freezing? Checking Disk For Errors. This Might Take Over An Hour

Grep in a huge log file (>14 GB) only the last x GB? I cant work out if it is a hardware issue, software or a virus, but would really appreciate any advice or tips on how to check the system. Why is my hand not burned by the air in an oven at 200°C? get redirected here Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue.View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Depending on how full the drive is, it will appear stuck at anywhere from 12% to 35% most of the time, starting in the 4th stage. Scan Drive For Errors Windows 10 Notification If you are getting these sorts of error it could indicate that the hard drive is failing, so you might be better off investing in a new one and transferring your Cortana will automatically start Command Prompt and Execute the command.Run CHKDSK from CortanaWe hope this tutorial helped you to start CHKDSK in Windows 10.

If a problem does crop up, I would set aside a reasonable maintenance window of atleast 8 hours, but it might take <30 minutes to fully run.

TekRevue An inability to complete a CHKDSK command can indicate serious problems with the hard drive. In fact it has been at 10% for at least 20 of the 22 hours. Thank you. Disk Error Checking Software In Windows 8, error checking  starts right away, even on the system drive - and it longer needs to be scheduled at start-up.

It could also be the result of other system problems. Here are instructions for Windows Vista/7 http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/start-computer-safe-mode#start-computer-safe-mode=windows-vista and Windows 8 http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-including-safe-mode 3) If you can, try removing the drive, mounting it in another computer (using a SATA to USB adapter or You can restart right away or schedule the error fixing on next restart. useful reference If it happens on any kind of regular basis change your disk before you lose everything.

Have you tried booting in Safe Mode to see if it boots any quicker as it loads much less hardware/software. In our case, it’s external drive “L.” Simply running the CHKDSK command will only display the disk’s status, and won’t fix any errors present on the volume. dt But what happens if i can execute the chkdsk command on boot (Recovery > Choose an option > Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Command Line) which completes after 10-20 min The process won't be interrupted by background activity trying to access the HD as happens when running it in normal mode.

not mine the "thorough" scan disk. It now says 633 hours! It states 10% done but I know from experience that the 10% can turn to 90 % real quick. How to convert all fractions from the form m/n into the form\dfrac{m}{n}?

On some disk arrays it is also important to offset the starting address of a new partition so it is correctly aligned on "disk" or "cache" boundaries. Alison February 7, 2016 at 6:27 pm Hello,How long should it take the run the disk check through the "This PC" method (the 1st method described)? On what basis might Trump's executive order on immigration be illegal?