Home > Windows 2000 > 2000 Start-Up Problem?

2000 Start-Up Problem?

Contents

Zach Wong 5,333 views 1:14 Windows 97 in Virtual PC 2007 - Duration: 0:54. Discussions cover Windows 2003 Server, Windows installation, adding and removing programs, driver problems, crashes, upgrading, and other OS-related questions.Real-Time ActivityMy Tracked DiscussionsFAQsPoliciesModerators General discussion Win 2000 Startup Problem - mIRC32 by Changing the Timeout value in the Boot.ini file does not have any effect. Several functions may not work. navigate to this website

procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library MSDART.DLL" i restarted my comp and windows tried to install again and the same error came up. I run the Internet Connection Wizrd and try to install a new connection. Dismiss Notice TechSpot Forums Forums Community User Guides & Reviews Today's Posts How to repair Windows XP/2000 if you are unable to boot intoWindows ByRick · 374 replies Oct 20, 2003 The most common symptom when trying to boot from the shadow drive is that the system will hang after POST with a blinking cursor and no boot menu options are displayed.

Repair Windows 2000 Without Cd

The Suitehttp://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6132-0.html?forumID=32&threadID=1313&messageID=15002Don Erickson Flag Permalink This was helpful (0) Back to Windows Legacy OS forum 5 total posts Popular Forums icon Computer Help 51,912 discussions icon Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions icon more hot questions question feed about us tour help blog chat data legal privacy policy work here advertising info mobile contact us feedback Technology Life / Arts Culture / Recreation Science Why did filmmakers need permission to film in black and white? If the problem occurs after selecting Windows 2000 from the bootstrap loader screen, files that are needed by the operating system might be missing or corrupt.

Thanks for the reply, but the link you provide only takes me to a Google search page with many links I've already checked out.If there is a specific link, or a I am facing many problem with my Widnows XP and Windows 2000 server machine. Please try again now or at a later time. Windows 2000 Emergency Repair Disk Download Preview post Submit post Cancel post You are reporting the following post: Win 2000 Startup Problem - mIRC32 This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff.

If you do not see the bootstrap loader screen, the problem might be due to hardware failure. Oct 20, 2003 #4 grog TS Rookie Posts: 23 In a lot of the newer computers with 1 gig of ram fast ram, several drives, tons of lights and big coolers Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community. When this problem occurs, you may find the following entry in the registry: Windows 2000 Loses Date and Time on Every Boot Microsoft Knowledge Base Article: 243883 - After you install

The startup screen appears and the loading bar reaches 100% (full) then the system reboots. Inaccessible Boot Device Windows 2000 You Cannot Start a Newly Promoted Domain Controller After You Remove Windows 2000 SP2 SRP1 Microsoft Knowledge Base Article: 319783 - If you install Windows 2000 Service Pack 2 (SP2) Security Gabriel Garcia [MYCUN] 325 views 9:23 My Collection of Windows Flash Parodies (Part 1) - Duration: 2:07:22. He had picture of his new baby on it.

Windows 2000 Recovery Console

Dec 8, 2003 #14 NoisySilence TS Rookie Posts: 98 Install Recovery Console to boot menu It's a sticky thread too. Step 1: Determine the problem First, figure out what CAUSED the problem. Repair Windows 2000 Without Cd Follow these techniques to track down the source of the problem and get back online as soon as possible. Windows 2000 Hangs On Startup Just follow the prompts, have your CD-KEY handy and hope for the best!

Back to top BC AdBot (Login to Remove) BleepingComputer.com Register to remove ads #2 daklander daklander Members 13 posts OFFLINE Location:LoCal Local time:11:21 PM Posted 21 January 2008 - http://magicnewspaper.com/windows-2000/windows-2000-could-not-start.html TheCanadianToast 1,486 views 5:00 Virtual PC: Windows 2000 - Duration: 2:55. How to make this stop?Thanks very much!Rich Discussion is locked Flag Permalink You are posting a reply to: Win 2000 Startup Problem - mIRC32 The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal I cannot find what that could be. Windows 2000 Repair Disk

Windows NT/2000 Seems to Hang During Boot and Slow Performance Microsoft Knowledge Base Article: 157910 - After you install Windows NT version 4.0 on a computer configured with a Quantum XP-32150 asked 4 years ago viewed 2393 times active 4 years ago Blog Stack Overflow Podcast #100 - Jeff Atwood Is Back! (For Today) Developers without Borders: The Global Stack Overflow Network Already have an account? my review here Your Computer May Pause with a Black Screen If You Press ESC During Startup Microsoft Knowledge Base Artilce Q311799 - If you press the ESC key while your computer is starting,

This documentation is archived and is not being maintained. Windows 2000 Iso No, create an account now. Spybot can do SERIOUS damage, if not used properly.Other useful Tutorials:Using Ad-Aware SEUsing SpywareBlasterUsing SpywareGuardUsing EwidoIf the above doesn't help rid you of the problem, then:Read How to post a HijackThis

About CNET Privacy Policy Ad Choice Terms of Use Mobile User Agreement Help Center current community blog chat Super User Meta Super User your communities Sign up or log in to

When this problem occurs, you may receive the following error message: Windows 2000 could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem. The only one that it selects is connect using a broadband connection. BLEEPINGCOMPUTER NEEDS YOUR HELP! gulp!

Does this work the same for installing 2000 over top of itself? Your notebook will report an error and prompt to press F1 to enter setup. At the Welcome to Setup screen, press R to start the Recovery Console. http://magicnewspaper.com/windows-2000/can-t-start-win-2000.html Ntbtlog.txt File Not Written When Boot Logging Is Enabled Microsoft Knowledge Base Article: 275735 - After you enable boot logging to troubleshoot Windows 2000 startup issues, The Ntbtlog.txt file may not

Using the site is easy and fun. matmroy 905 views 13:02 Windows 2000 Booting Error *read description - Duration: 1:14. Possible causes also include a faulty MBR or partition table, or a damaged boot sector. Type the following where D: is the CD-ROM drive letter: D:\i386\winnt32.exe /cmdcons Probably won't help if you can't boot into windows but it may save you from having to dig out

Where to Start... If this is a fresh installation of Windows XP and not an upgrade/repair, then this may mean your Windows CD is damaged. Often times, when Windows is rendered unbootable, there is a good reason. Things I've tried: - Booting in safe mode - Booting from the CD and running the repair utility - Swapping out possibly faulty hardware - created an image of the drive

Choose the FIRST option, NOT recovery console. CONTRIBUTE TO OUR LEGAL DEFENSE All unused funds will be donated to the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF). Oojackajacka 84,720 views 2:30 WORLD RECORD*: Windows 2000 running on Intel i486 SX 25 MHz - Duration: 8:13. BleepingComputer is being sued by Enigma Software because of a negative post of SpyHunter.

Stephen Phillips 13,600 views 4:18 HP Pavilion Desktop With Windows 2000 - Duration: 13:02. Also, this delay occurs before the ... Top Of Page Problem Occurs After the Bootstrap Loader Starts This section describes problems that might occur after NTLDR starts executing until you successfully log on to Windows 2000. Working...

What do I do? Sign in to make your opinion count. Cannot Boot After Installing on Drive Connected to PCMCIA SCSI Adapter Microsoft Knowledge Base Article: 210761 - If you install Windows 2000 on an external SCSI drive connected to a PCMCIA Server Operations Guide Troubleshooting Startup Process Startup Process Troubleshooting Startup Problems Troubleshooting Startup Problems Troubleshooting Startup Problems Troubleshooting Startup Problems Starting Windows 2000 Additional Resources Options to Use When a System

Check out Rescue a Windows 2000 installation with an in-place upgrade for more info. HOW TO: Troubleshoot the "NTLDR Is Missing" Error Message in Windows 2000 Microsoft Knowledge Base Article: 318728 - This step-by-step article describes methods that you can use to troubleshoot the "NTLDR For more information, see "Options to Use When a System Does Not Start" later in this chapter.