Home > Windows 7 > 16 Bit Program Read Error

16 Bit Program Read Error

Contents

on win2k, the default path is %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp, chnage it to %USERPROFILE%\Locals~1\Temp Log In or Register to post comments Anonymous User (not verified) on Jan 3, 2005 anybody with this error i have at last found a easy soulotion to solve this nightmare any body want it please e mail me [email protected] Log In or Register to post comments Anonymous User (not close WindowsWindows 10 Windows Server 2016 Windows Server 2012 Windows Server 2008 Windows Server 2003 Windows 8 Windows 7 Windows Vista Windows XP Exchange ServerExchange Server 2013 Exchange Server 2010 Exchange when i try to open an application. More about the author

If you feel the need to use different drivers in the future, you can simply create another directory in this directory for easy file management: Now to get the drivers. program files) as that may cause issues. If that is the case, things could get a little messy. VirtualBox https://www.virtualbox.org/ ), install those patches, then hope you can retrieve those files from the sandbox and drag them into the program folder in your regular machine (not sure how possible

16 Bit Ms-dos Subsystem Error Windows 7

Once the contents of the second diskette are copied over into our floppy disk folder, we go back to Dosbox and press CTRL+F4. I have the CD in my computer. Log In or Register to post comments Anonymous User (not verified) on Mar 10, 2005 "@ECHO OFF" "lh %SystemRoot%\system32\mscdexnt.exe" "lh %SystemRoot%\system32\redir lh %SystemRoot%\system32\dosx.exe" "SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 P330 T3" each of Please login or register.Did you miss your activation email? 1 Hour 1 Day 1 Week 1 Month Forever Login with username, password and session length News: When registered with our

For users who run Windows Professional, Enterprise and Ultimate, one possible solution is to download and install the “Windows XP Mode” and “Virtual PC”. Tech Mafia 459 visningar 1:34 16 bit MS DOS Subsystem Error Quick Fix - Längd: 0:53. How does HP install software and gather data? Can't Run 16 Bit Windows Program Xp To return to CTI's menu of Error Fixes, click here or use the back arrow at the top of your Internet browser.

No harm in using something different, I say. Config.nt The System File Is Not Suitable For Running Ms-dos Windows 7 And the path is pointing to \Windows\system32. tryphonOct 19, 2014, 7:21 PM Thanks! try this Reply Drew Wilson says: March 29, 2015 at 1:16 am When you get to that point, did you try running Windows, then trying to run the program through the mounted CD

Läser in ... Config.nt Windows 7 Dosbox is a program that emulates the old DOS environment to run old 16 bit DOS-based programs such as video games. I am trying to download music to my MP3 player and get this message. WARNING: We strongly recommend that you back up the registry before you make any changes to it.

Config.nt The System File Is Not Suitable For Running Ms-dos Windows 7

Currently, it is set to the default VGA: Now, hit enter to go into the video settings. http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?topic=16714.0 Posts: 9405 Re: unsupported 16-bit application error « Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 05:20:05 pm » Quote from: jens on August 13, 2012, 09:51:11 amAnd renaming a *.c to *.exe 16 Bit Ms-dos Subsystem Error Windows 7 To switch between the Windows 3.1 and your Windows 7 environment (because now Dosbox is, in a sense, trapping your mouse), simply press Alt+Tab and you’ll be able to work between Config.nt Not Suitable For Running Ms-dos Windows 7 I then proceed to launch Windows 3.1, and then directly access the D: drive, read by the OS as a CD-ROM drive, and launch "setup.exe" directly.

Log In or Register to post comments Advertisement nep (not verified) on Nov 19, 2004 After you restart your computer, check to see that the autoexec.nt file has not been removed my review here Läser in ... A: As I suggested in the midst of this tutorial, some games require additional files. Z7_3054ICK0KGTE30AQO5O3KA3016 hp-feedback-input-portlet Actions ${title} Loading... Can't Run 16-bit Windows Program Windows 7

For those who don’t want to do any extra scrolling, that’s, again (in my case), typing in “MOUNT C C:\OldGames”. You can hope that there is a fan site or even an official website still running that has any additional files required to run the game (like I did with Mordor You may need to play around with the files to get them working properly.] CONFIG.SYS: DOS=HIGH,UMB DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\HIMEM.SYS DEVICEHIGH=C:\DRIVERS\NEC_IDE.SYS /D:MSCD001 SHELL=C:\COMMAND.COM AUTOEXEC.BAT: @echo off PROMPT $P$G PATH=C:\;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\system SET BLASTER=A220 I7 D1 P330 http://magicnewspaper.com/windows-7/computer-can-t-read-blank-cd-r-rw-but-can-read-dvd-r.html If you choose Close, your application will terminate." Selecting Ignore to attempt to continue the procedure then leads to: "Application Error SSMWIN16 caused a General Protection Fault in module SSMWIN16.EXE at

Log In or Register to post comments Anonymous User (not verified) on Feb 23, 2005 I have looked every where including microsoft for a fix for this problem. Config.nt File Download Log In or Register to post comments Anonymous User (not verified) on Jan 18, 2005 I've been trying to figure this out for a while. This procedure enables Windows to automatically create short file names.

If you hear the old Windows chime, then that probably means you successfully installed the sound driver.

Reply Jacquie says: May 2, 2015 at 1:42 pm tried everything, but no old dos game will run on my computer… wish I hadn't thrown my old computers away 🙁 Don't It has errors in it/It says that files are missing! Different games have different requirements. Can't Run 16-bit Windows Program Insufficient Memory This is known as the “A” drive.

Logga in Läser in ... This will be the name of your drivers you are using. Exit the Registry Editor. navigate to this website Z7_3054ICK0KGTE30AQO5O3KA30H5 hp-country-locator-portlet Actions ${title} Loading...

If the error message says the Interrupt isn’t working, it means the port is correct, but the interrupt is wrong. If you ran any game in Windows 3.1, you may have either noticed that the colours aren’t that great or an error message pop up that said that this game runs Right-click in a blank area in the system32 window and click Paste. The only way to know if a game works is to actually attempt to run it.

Reply Anonymoose says: January 23, 2016 at 2:15 pm Just gonna say, Windows 9x (95, 98, 98 SE, and ME) are DOS shells just like Windows 3.x, although you may need I execute the shortcut, and whilst attempting to launch the game, receive the following message: "SSMWIN16 An error has occurred in your application. Step 9 – Opening Windows Now that we have installed Windows 3.1, the next step is to test to see if Windows will run properly. This part is truly trial and error, but the following settings worked for me (the window in the top left corner means you were able to get the settings correct): My

I did search on the autoexec.nt and there was original file under other directory so I just copied and placed it under the System 32 directory and now I can run Figure : C:\windows\system32 Select Read-Only, and click OK. There is currently no real way to run a 16 bit video game in a 64 bit environment as the two are incompatible with each other. It gave me inspiration : Worker after I deleted the "-" in the "setup" directory.

That’s simply a matter of typing in “C:\”. Health'nstein's Body Fun and have followed all of the directions with no problem but my game won't open. About | Contact | Privacy Policy IBM WebSphere Portal Home IBM Logo Sign Up Log In Welcome Getting Started Contact HP - Anonymous Contact HP Product Context View Support Home Next up, we need to type in “MOUNT C C:\OldGames”.

Reply Tom says: October 25, 2014 at 4:09 am This is a great find, but unfortunately won't work for Microsoft Return of The Arcade. Dosbox will then close down. Unfortunately even some newer programs, released well after the introduction of "long" file names on Windows, rely on support for short file names in order to be compatible with the widest Help?

You can change this preference below.