Home > Windows 7 > 2 Of 4 Users Settings Disappear

2 Of 4 Users Settings Disappear

Contents

If I try to create a user account using the same name (his), I get a prompt "Would you like to use that folder as the home folder for this user ThanksClick to expand... A repair did not fix the issue. Advertisements Latest Threads blocked microsoft account access phil cote posted Feb 1, 2017 at 12:54 AM Can't open file explorer, control panel, task manager deftdeftdeft posted Jan 31, 2017 at 11:46 click site

The account I logged to is the one I use everyday (though not the admin account) so I know what should be there very well. 99% of the icons are gone What about here Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\User Accounts\Manage Accounts Manage another account. Is it possible that may have triggered the loss? I think it happens for sure is that it happens when you do the following: shut down the game (not the console) switch to another user profile, switch back to the official site

Windows 10 User Account Disappeared

At the top bar you will see a + sign labled New User. When I click "OK", nothing happens, and I still don't have the user account.Any suggestions? I can't believe that these issues are still not fixed/patched by now (almost 2 months now). 06-28-2014, 06:06 AM #5 geisterhome MVP OVR: 44 Join Date: Sep Tina November 10, 2011 at 10:36 pm Thanks for sharing your solution, pcoats!

Has it happened if you change profiles on the dashboard before starting the game? iMyfone Hello Susan, thanks for your question. So, no clue as to why my login profile is no longer available for login or user switching. User Account Disappeared Windows 7 cd /Users/ls -la8.

also, vista is the worst OS any1 could have... Missing User Account Mac use malware bytes and avira and avast!! Eclyburn November 25, 2010 at 12:49 pm I believe the issue is a registry issue. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/9766-63-mydocuments-local-user-setting-disappeared Jack Cola April 21, 2010 at 12:41 pm When you say "not that admin account" is that the computers default administrator account or an account with administrator privileges, or do you

It will pre populate the Name: and User ID: field you will need ot change these to the missing users information. 7. User Folder Missing Windows 10 You can not post a blank message. My System Specs You need to have JavaScript enabled so that you can use this ... After figuring out what I did, I switched back.

Missing User Account Mac

domain user? You should then see this user on the lock screen when you reboot or change users. Windows 10 User Account Disappeared Open WorkGroup Manager *Note: This is a server software that may not come standardly installed on your machine if not you may need to download it from the apple site, not Windows 7 User Profile Disappeared Launch System Preferences. 14.

Sign Up Now! get redirected here Your problem could be really easy to fix, but without access to it, finding the problem is really hard. It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). However, the Users option doesn't appear. All My Files Are Gone Windows 10

If anyone has any ideas where I can recover the old settings, I'd be grateful. The solution requires you modify the registry. more stack exchange communities company blog Stack Exchange Inbox Reputation and Badges sign up log in tour help Tour Start here for a quick overview of the site Help Center Detailed navigate to this website In the User ID: field in WorkGroup Manager put that number in there MAKE SURE THE username is the same one that came up missing. 10.

So many things have stopped working. Desktop Folders Disappeared Windows 7 Xia0jw June 3, 2011 at 12:53 am My boyfriend's computer had just experienced the same thing.. I can see additional users in Windows Media Player for instance, but it says I need permission to access those.

You are not likely to receive fresh answers to this thread.

Read more. Also, doing a System Restore will not recover your documents. Grep in a huge log file (>14 GB) only the last x GB? Desktop Files Disappeared Windows 7 The quickest way to get them back is, right click on the empty folder, select properties, click on previous versions and wait for it to search for a previous version.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fix-corrupted-user-profile#1TC=windows-7 Trouble, Aug 27, 2015 #9 webbj Joined: Aug 24, 2015 Messages: 10 Likes Received: 0 Correct. Choose “Reset Network Settings” to continue. For your main user account, what privileges do you have? http://magicnewspaper.com/windows-7/toolbars-disappear-in-windows-7.html This is my main account that disappeared.

We have 20 computers in the lab (I'm on a college campus) with exactly the same setup (clones of each other, actually) and they have booted without error. I can't give myself permission to access those old playlists. Anonymous April 20, 2010 at 9:58 pm ok... Is it possible to create a local account and then import or copy/paste my missing profile into the new account?

I have a good back up and will probably just wipe it and restore but would rather know what happened. This discussion is locked            nojetlag Level 1 (2 points) Q: Help! So it seems the only thing I have lost is the ability to log in as that second user.I've Zapped the PRAM, fixed Permissions, and Repaired Disk with no change.It does Jack Cola August 11, 2010 at 8:31 am Hi Ruth and topsoloja, Re-reading this thread that was from 3 months ago, I have a feeling that you are using a roadming

Style Default Style Contact Us Help Home Top RSS Terms and Rules Copyright © TechGuy, Inc. Any luck fixing your problem?--webwinger Oct 7, 2008 4:44 PM Helpful (0) Reply options Link to this post by jdurchen, jdurchen Oct 8, 2008 5:44 AM in response to nojetlag Level Should a player know their mount's exact HP? Can a vanilla Ubuntu 16.04 LTS Server run without snapd?

The prospect of doing that terrifies me.Thanks for any help... it hasn't been fixed in the patch, not that I expected it but still I can't comprehend how many bugs and glitches are in this game __________________ Spending time with Jesus!