Home > Windows 7 > 2 Xp Home On Harddrive After Install

2 Xp Home On Harddrive After Install

Contents

Reply JP says: August 10, 2007 at 5:06 pm I'm trying to add a second SATA hard drive to my Dell. I am now sick of whirring hard drives and have a 128GB Intel SSD on it's way. Reply Ashly says: June 24, 2009 at 2:24 pm My husband is trying to install his new hard drive into the laptop….. all these start up programs use up memory and resources which may cause some conflicts. navigate to this website

Its functions are various, including creating/deleting/formatting/moving/resizing partition, copying disk/partition, file system conversion, disk style conversion, migrating system, partition recovery, and more. If I disconnect the second drive the third one appears and vice versa. I didnt know many of the terms either but took a few minutes to learn what they were and then followed the clear steps to install, config and run the two Many thanks. navigate to these guys

How To Install Windows 7 And Xp On The Same Computer

For some people, such sketches help to put everything back when you are done. Tried to install XP on to it, got message-Setup could not continue newer version of Windows already installed. Second: Check to make sure that you have all the installation disks for the hardware that you mentioned as well as any software that you originally installed.

This brings up a list of drives to boot from, ie HDD1, HDD2, SSD, DVD what ever, you select and computer boots to that drive - This DOES NOT change boot Maybe it was because I had an on board sound and the device driver didn't take too well in sharing itself between 2 OS's. And don't worry about peripherals it is of least concern.The first thing what you should do is to BACKUP YOUR DATA!If you have two or more partitions then you can copy Dual Boot Windows 7 And Xp Same Partition My problem is too boot the CD/DVD XP Installer not at all, so even I can make some steps of the XP instalation, but always appears to me a message when

Helped me to successfully install a second drive to my Compaq SR2020 tower. Dual Boot Windows 7 And Xp Separate Hard Drives All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use. Reply Donna says: September 30, 2008 at 1:08 pm Hi, Just read your article and i'm sure i've done all the physical installation correctly of my second/slave IDE. other Good job A+ on te article Reply RepairGal says: January 8, 2009 at 9:42 pm Anyone who doesn't understand what a "jumper" is shouldn't be trying to change out their hard

RSS ALL ARTICLES FEATURES ONLY TRIVIA Search How-To Geek Dual Boot Your Pre-Installed Windows 7 Computer with XP So you got your shiny new pre-installed Windows 7 computer over the Dual Boot Windows Xp And Windows 7 On Same Drive TWO SATA Drives - want an OS on each, dual boot menu upon boot up.1. I did have just a couple of questions. Thanks a lot!

Dual Boot Windows 7 And Xp Separate Hard Drives

It will then prompt you for the hard drive if you have more then one in the machine.5. You will need to go to update all the critical updates to make sure you have all the security bug fixes. How To Install Windows 7 And Xp On The Same Computer I a senior citizen with only a little computer knowledge. How To Dual Boot Windows Xp And Windows 7 (xp Installed First) I decided I would boot to Windows XP as the primary OS.

Windows 7 or Windows XP.I do not wish to hose either drive. http://magicnewspaper.com/windows-7/can-i-install-my-old-xp-home-on-2nd-partition.html Then after the CD-Rom drivers are loaded, type: format c: (replace "c" with your hard drive letter). Here's How Article How to Change the Windows XP Product Key in a Jiffy Article Have a Hal.dll Error? Reply Nick says: August 22, 2009 at 4:15 am awesome. Dual Boot Windows 7 And Xp Easybcd

error acpi.sys any ideas May 7, 2010 Kalle Do I have to shrink the system drive or can I shrink another drive? Article Tools: | Print Follow Computer Shopper Facebook Twitter Sign up for e-mail updates Most Popular Product Reviews Last 24 Hours Dell OptiPlex 7040 Small Form Factor Review Dell XPS Tower Most modern BIOSes will let you call up a boot menu by pressing some key combination after powering up or resetting, and allow you to boot from any installed hard drive, http://magicnewspaper.com/windows-7/install-vista-xp-on-one-harddrive.html I would suggest using the ?D?

I installed a 1TB SATA drive and it showed up fine in the BIOS but XP acted like it didn't exist. Easybcd Windows Xp Set active DOS partition.3. Reply B.Ranganathan says: February 27, 2009 at 8:09 pm Dear Sir, I am using windows xp 2003 operatin g system.

However, it does still boot up and run windows.

I'm afraid to try to find a Win 7 disk to repair the boot for 7 because some folks have stated it breaks both instances. If so, earmark that lead for your new drive. I followed through the steps quite okay, however just before creating a new partition as illustrated I got a message " The operation you selected will convert the selected physical disk(s) How To Install Windows Xp From Cd Thank you again.

When thats done, restart your computer, let the CD-Rom drivers load again, then insert your installation disc and run the setup program.Submitted by: Jason E. *************************************************************************** Answer: Here is what I Submitted by: Brenton H. *************************************************************************** Answer: Ricardo R.I have found the best way to resolve problems with WindowsXP installations is to return the hard drive to the state it was in You can visit the Help Tutorial to know all of its functions and applications. get redirected here When you're done, copy over your backed up data to C: (if necessary.) Then, sit back and give yourself a well-deserved pat on the back.

You constantly get a message that space on drive c is dangerously low, which it is. Information: 1) I had to set my mode to IDE mode on bios otherwise it would not recognize ANY OF THE DRIVES and not load to the terms of service screen. I am literate, but not geek (all the way) … I have a Dell GX 240 Tower with 1GB ram,and its a 1.2.GHZ pentium 4 system. Delete Non-DOS Partition.

You will still screw up the Win7 boot partition and have to to the repair and the add of XP to the Win7 startup.Even though your installation partition is on a The computer bios recognizes the two hard drives, but Windows does not see the second hard drive. You only need to worry about jumpers if you are using an IDE hard drive. I over simplified explaination.

December 22, 2010 Bryan1998 How to do it: Go into the bios sand look for SATA setiings. Consider A Donation Basic How To Articles for XP Newbies - Managing Starting / Stopping XP - Managing Desktop Components - Managing Basic Hardware Settings - Managing Folders and Files - Shut down your PC. Having said that, this is a great article, A+.