Home > Windows 7 > 3 Win 7 PC's PC3 Cannot See/access PC2

3 Win 7 PC's PC3 Cannot See/access PC2

Contents

Click on the "Advanced sharing settings". yethu says: 5 years ago I have four computers in my house. I can ping other computers but am not able to open shared drives on other computers. Akoya can see RC710 but not access RC710. http://magicnewspaper.com/windows-7/can-t-access-my-workgroup.html

Advertisement Page 504 of 2448 < Prev 1 ← 502 503 504 505 506 → 2448 Next > Sort By: Title Start Date Replies Views Last Message ↓ Locked 10%-90% of are all fine (as expected since the other computers can access files on the laptop without any problem), so I hope someone here has a suggestion because after spending several hours Is there a router setting or something that will allow these computers to talk to each other?(Obvious stuff I've checked: network discovery and sharing are 'on' for all three computers, none I must say, Windows has got to be the most retarded operating system ever excreted by any corporation. website here

Windows Xp Cannot Access Windows 7 Share

I opened up port 1723 with PPTP protocol on my E4200 router.On the client i am running win7 x64 as well. Just connect to the other machines by IP address. I am running Windows XP PRO(SP3).

For more information, http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee449421(WS.10).aspx Windows 7: HomeGroup OverviewJudy :) Marked as answer by dmkg Thursday, December 10, 2009 12:01 PM Tuesday, December 01, 2009 6:20 AM Reply | Quote 0 Sign Thanks in advance, Marshall Neill Misc. Can I not run a game stored on another network computer? Workgroup Computers Not Showing In Windows Xp Report Nazdar- Jun 10, 2010 11:26PM Mark, thank you!

Is there a more permanent solution to this problem? Network Windows 7 And Xp Computers Together colinsp replied Feb 1, 2017 at 1:40 AM ***COMPUTER HAS BEEN BLOCKED*** wannabeageek replied Feb 1, 2017 at 1:00 AM Huge font and scroll bar problem davehc replied Feb 1, 2017 View 4 Replies View Related Windows 7 Home Network Connection Dropping Intermittently? I am running the network through a Netgear router.

Oct 12, 2011 I want to know which protocols are used to share files via lan.Both the machines are running windows. Windows 7 Cannot Access Shared Folder On Xp When you switch like that, the TCP/IP configuration is reset and any corrupted IP settings like the Subnet mask, etc are fixed. The desktop has no problems accessing the other computers.One laptop has no problem accessing the other computers on the network. I had this problem a month ago & ended up creating a new workgroup which solved the issues until recently.

Network Windows 7 And Xp Computers Together

Allow File and Printer Sharing in Windows/3rd party Firewall Once you have enabled File and Printer Sharing, you still may not be able to see other computers on the network if http://ccm.net/forum/affich-196544-windows-7-won-t-recognize-xp-pc-in-network You need to enable pinging in your firewall first. Windows Xp Cannot Access Windows 7 Share I've already tried the fix which entails making it a workgroup & not a homegroup, but that didn't make any difference! Can't See Xp Computer From Windows 7 Nothing.turn off remote differential compression, so I turned it off on all machines.

It took 10 minutes to load again, and I haven't been able to repeat whatever I had done since. this page Feb 2, 2012 I know nothing about Tablets (iPad or Android) or their operating system. RockCity says: 7 years ago My problem is that I can not see my own computer when I goto My Network Places. My situation was I trying to fix two xp computers so they could see eachother on a home network. How To Connect Windows Xp To Windows 7 Via Lan

View 14 Replies View Related Sharing Files Over Home Network With Windows 8? I am running xp sp3 on both machines, a laptop and a PC. When I tried, the OK button was grayed out so I went in to So I clicked on More and was able (I thought) to change the name there. get redirected here ADVERTISEMENT Home Network :: Windows 7 VPN Connects But (No Internet Access) Feb 18, 2012 I am running a VPN server on my desktop at home, with all the default settings,

My son was able to get on the internet without using a password. Windows 7 Cannot See Xp Computer On Network I have tried all the suggestions above, and no luck. Please try the request again.

Been working on it for hours.

If so, you will need to change the networking system to one that XP can use. Doug says: 6 years ago I had a similar problem but nothing on this page worked. Can anyone help? How To Share Files Between Windows 7 And Xp I tried the tutorial and I am able to see the other computers on my network but one offending computer will not show itself to itself, nor can I see it

Finally feeling like nothing else was going to work I completely reset the firewall on both computers and, at least at the moment, they can see each other and transfer files I view my work on the Dual Core and edit the page on the AMD. I had no idea why it wouldnt work (i'm well versed in xp and prior but not vista or 7) and it so simple as to change my settings from home useful reference Rick.