Home > Windows 7 > 40 Processes Running - Computer Freezing!

40 Processes Running - Computer Freezing!

Contents

If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Google Chrome cannot be the reason why this is happening.I opened up my computer and tried to check for anything dangling or not plugged in. I've completely uninstalled it and I'm now using Google Chrome, but the problem is still persisting.Any other ideas? It will make the PC to clear the cache, clear RAM (Random-Access Memory, a form of computer data storage your PC needs to operate properly), and force a new registry read, http://magicnewspaper.com/windows-7/stop-running-processes.html

windows performance troubleshooting share|improve this question edited Mar 13 '15 at 20:01 community wiki 11 revs, 8 users 50%crst53 add a comment| 16 Answers 16 active oldest votes up vote 33 Avoid scanning a corrupted computer hard drive. Because it has attracted low-quality or spam answers that had to be removed, posting an answer now requires 10 reputation on this site (the association bonus does not count). When the scan is finished you will have a log similar to the one below, copy and then paste your log in your next post. http://superuser.com/questions/26862/how-do-i-troubleshoot-a-windows-freeze-or-slowness

Windows 7 Freezes Randomly

Troubleshoot your plugins Sites that use plugins such as Java, Adobe Reader, or Flash can cause Firefox to hang. Windows 10 and many of third-party applications rely on these components, therefore be sure to download them from the links below: Download .NET Framework 3.5 Download C++ Redistributables Keep in mind I took it off and it had actually broken, making the Colling paste turn into mold. CONTRIBUTE TO OUR LEGAL DEFENSE All unused funds will be donated to the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF).

Davin Peterson I installed the anniversary update on August 3 and my computer had been running fine until Tuesday, August 16 when it kept crashing with the blue screen of death Then after one quarter of NFL it was finishing up. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 26, 2005 1:59 AM PST In reply to: DRIVE FITNESS TEST ? My Computer Hangs A Lot Windows 7 Event ID 320 10016 1001 1101 41 6008 69 (Several errors before the crash) Running the missing Burning Test now, but seems to work fine...

tt. 'Photographic observaticn of the solid-liquid interface motion during melting of a solid heated from an isothermal vertical wall', NWHale and R.Viskanta.‎Visas i 12 böcker från 1948-1992Sidan 318 - A Heat Computer Running Slow And Freezing Windows 7 Would you like to answer one of these unanswered questions instead? I've run virus scans and updated all of my drivers but it keeps happening. https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/637125/computer-freezes-after-about-40-minutes-then-restarts/ Perform all of usasma's EXCELLENT hardware diagnostics.

The SSL connection request has failed. What To Do When Windows 7 Freezes Does the problem happen regularly in normal use, intermittently with no obvious pattern, or at specific times like shortly after start-up? Don't forget to check whether your antivirus is updated or not. You should get some useful tips (and we'll use a common-sense approach when discussing them.) Reason #1: Your computer was running for a long time without a reboot.

Computer Running Slow And Freezing Windows 7

Error: (01/11/2017 05:09:01 PM) (Source: DbxSvc) (User: ) Description: Failed to connect to the driver: (-2147024894) The system cannot find the file specified. https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/defrag-freezes-58783/ Is this a viral problem or a hardware problem? Windows 7 Freezes Randomly Warm Reboot/Warm Restart is when you manually navigate to the Restart option from your taskbar. Computer Running Slow And Freezing Windows 10 When we format our hard disk for the first time, we select one of the file allocation systems, FAT or NTFS.

READ ALSO: Windows 10 Anniversary Update deletes Storage Drive files Keep in mind that this isn’t a guaranteed solution, and users report that crashing issues persisted even after upgrading to the Get More Info Computers progress at an alarming rate as new programs and updates for programs come out their minimum requirements increase and will cause older computers to slow down. Also check your power management settings to see if the machine is set to sleep/hibernate (uncommon but not completely unheard of for desktop machines). –David Spillett Nov 2 '10 at 0:38 But the truth is that most of the time, the sole reason for corrupted hard drives continues to be a sudden switching off the power supply of the computer. Windows 7 Freezes Randomly 64 Bit

Started to get problems with "random" restarts but did not know the problem. Make sure that Don't load tabs until selected is checked in your Tabs settings so that only the last selected tab is loaded at startup. A case like this could easily cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. useful reference owner tag).

Update: I found that this GPU needs: Geforce GTX 660ti - 24A and a 450W PSU minimum So should be enough, unless something is wrong with it. Windows Performance Analysis Tools Process ID: 28a4 Start Time: 01cef765550957a3 Termination Time: 20 Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE Report Id: Error: (12/11/2013 00:56:12 PM) (Source: Application Hang) (User: ) Description: The program IEXPLORE.EXE version How can a major entrerpise make the same mistakes every single time… VL123 Windows 10 is GARBAGE!!

You need an understanding to actually know what you need to look for, if I need to cover most of these cases I would have the longest post on SU.

Troubleshoot your extensions A problematic extension can cause the problem, which can be resolved by disabling or uninstalling the extension. Thx Back to top Page 1 of 2 1 2 Next Back to Windows Crashes, BSOD, and Hangs Help and Support 0 user(s) are reading this topic 0 members, 0 guests, In the Browse For Folder window, choose a new folder location. Windows 10 Slow And Freezing You may also get hit by "static" charge from a generated back voltage.

Moffatt,M. but,Defrag needs the 100% current disk file directory (names and hardware addresses) at all times ... Error: (01/11/2017 05:13:32 PM) (Source: DbxSvc)(User: ) Description: (-2147024894) The system cannot find the file specified. this page Without a fan, some computers may suffer irreparable damage.

Error: (12/26/2013 01:09:03 PM) (Source: Schannel) (User: NT AUTHORITY) Description: The following fatal alert was generated: 40. Top 10 New Features for Business in Windows 8.1 Top 10 Windows 8, 10 RPG Games to Play WE RECOMMEND: Download this tool to fix your slow PC & improve performance Type Ctrl-Alt-Delete to bring up the Task Manager. Delete duplicated Session Restore files Firefox may be slow to respond or hang if multiple copies of its Session Restore file have been created: Open your profile folder: Click the menu

Some are great valid technical definitions hard to digest for someone not involved in IT. Back to top BC AdBot (Login to Remove) BleepingComputer.com Register to remove ads #2 shadow_647 shadow_647 Members 1,272 posts OFFLINE Gender:Male Location:darknet Local time:11:57 PM Posted 11 January 2017 Back to top #7 shadow_647 shadow_647 Members 1,272 posts OFFLINE Gender:Male Location:darknet Local time:11:57 PM Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:41 AM I'm having issues where the system hangs when Well I did go to the PC to take out the PSU (I had not read you answer yet).

I sometimes had that problem in Windows '98 and if I ran advanced Scan Disk it would fix any problems and/or allow me to delete fragmented files, then Scan Disk would I run scandisk once a week now. K.