Home > Windows 7 > 7 AND Vista Possible On Same Machine?

7 AND Vista Possible On Same Machine?

Contents

Any thoughts as to how I can get this to work again, short of uninstalling 7 and reloading Vista? It also has a nice, but subtle, customize link under each name you should click on. Just keep in mind that the last OS you install will be the default on the boot menu. But this beautiful machine, built in August 2005, has pretty weak hardware by modern standards: a Pentium M processor, running at 1.2 GHZ 1 GB of RAM, which cannot be upgraded get redirected here

David September 12, 2011 brent Its works great under normal start-up (under msconfig) but if selective start-up and disable all start-up and some of services (hide all microsoft programs) this does may be you can help me guys…thx! At that price, I decided to plunge ahead, stopping only to do two full backups of the current XP image so I could restore things if necessary. In broad strokes, the process works like this: After installing PCmover, you run the Upgrade Assistant on the PC running Windows XP.

Dual Boot Windows Vista And Windows 7

Have used both Lilo and Grub as boot loaders. Should it? Learn More © 2016 The Linux Foundation Toggle navigation Search Submit San Francisco, CA Brr, it´s cold outside Learn by category LiveConsumer ElectronicsFood & DrinkGamesHealthPersonal FinanceHome & GardenPetsRelationshipsSportsReligion LearnArt CenterCraftsEducationLanguagesPhotographyTest Prep April 6, 2011 Adrian Tom, I tried your advice and I still don't see squat.

If you don’t need to share a printer and only want to share a drive, then you can just map an XP drive to Windows 7. I loaned it to a friend thinking it would be able to do an XP -> XP transfer but no dice.Anyhow, it would have been cool if they had an option Vista and 7 use the same boot loader so it will work the same way. Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor Switching to a new version of your OS, they say, shouldn’t require reinstalling apps or migrating data.

At this time, I'm just searching the various forums. December 31, 2010 Keith Hi, I have a problem with sharing a printer on windows 7. Related: PCs Windows You Might Like Shop Tech Products at Amazon PCWorld PCWorld helps you navigate http://www.tomsguide.com/forum/62427-35-dualboot-32bit-64bit-possible i can use only public folder not more than that help me out i have win7 64bit proffesonal and winxp 32 bit sp2 .

You can continue to use your production Windows Vista installation without having to migrate any data and still take the Windows 7 beta for a spin! Dual Boot Vista And Windows 10 I don't know if my Windows 7 being 64 bit has anything to do with it or not, but I do know that I have followed the steps here, as well My relative has a nice basic Dell desktop with a gig of RAM and a 100 gig HD. The Add or Remove Programs dialog contained 111 separate entries.

Dual Boot Vista And Windows 7 On Different Hard Drives

What’s the Best Antivirus for Windows 10? (Is Windows Defender Good Enough?) What You Need to Know About Creating System Image Backups How to Make the Windows 10 Start Menu Look http://www.hanselman.com/blog/StepByStepHowToUpgradeFromWindowsXPToWindows7.aspx civ v hangs all the time on win7 also spore, that's why. Dual Boot Windows Vista And Windows 7 But the XP does not work to either. Dual Boot Windows 7 And Vista Windows 7 Installed First There are no other costs associated with this upgrade.

September 26, 2010 aaa this is done in vmware player 3.0.1 virtual machine November 8, 2010 rescate reason on installing vista over windows 7 is because not all software runs 100% http://magicnewspaper.com/windows-7/upgrade-from-98se-to-new-vista-machine.html Also, none of the XP computer can connect to the Laptop but all of the XP computers can communicate with Servers A & B just fine. It allows you to stream media, control what data is shared, and can also be password protected. My friend Lisa has a four-year-old Sony laptop running Windows XP. Dual Boot Windows 7 32 Bit And 64 Bit

I made a big mistake by letting Microsoft run the updates on the servers now i have nothing but problems. my xp harddrive from my old laptop is still in the bin. I have tried the solutions in the article, no joy. http://magicnewspaper.com/windows-7/vista-machine-freezes-after-re-install.html Specifically, the section on Upgrading from Windows XP to Windows 7 is what I needed.

Any help with that? Dual Boot Windows 7 And Xp Why not let the cloud... Sponsored Links INSTANTLY dtSearch® Can anybody help or give an answer to this issue.

Get downloadable ebooks for free!

July 23, 2010 carl Hammonds I have 3 systems in my network 2 windows 7 and an XP. browse down to Password Protected sharing - turn it off Now click ok and come out of it Now click on my computer select the drive or folder you want to How to Clear Your Computer's CMOS to Reset BIOS Settings Follow @howtogeek More Articles You Might Like ABOUT About Us Contact Us Discussion Forum Advertising Privacy Policy GET ARTICLES BY EMAIL Install Windows 7 Finally, I ran the most recent beta of the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor from Microsoft’s website.

Skimming works, too. 14Choose Upgrade, read the consequences, and click Next.Choosing Upgrade preserves your Windows Vista computer's old files, settings, and programs. 15Read the Compatibility Report, if offered, and then click Granted, I did install 32bit Win7. He's been a tech blogger and journalist for the past seven years, and can be found on his about me page or Google+ Published 01/11/10 SHOW ARCHIVED READER COMMENTS (16) Comments this page I have ran both Windows Vista and Windows 7 with Linux and have not had a single problem with it.

Just remember that not all free space on your drive will be available as shrink space.