Home > Windows 7 > 7 Cannot See An XP Printer

7 Cannot See An XP Printer

Insert the same memory stick which you used to save the network settings from the Windows XP machine. 2. If you want any user to have access the public shares turn off password protection.  This is located in Advanced Sharing Settings toward the bottom of the list. You rule. es2323 says: 6 years ago Wow. useful reference

You've made my life much easier. i had to disable the firewall! Report balakrishna- May 25, 2010 04:19AM shld put it on xp or 7??? sngbird00 says: 6 years ago Thank you soooo much for this page and the cannot see other pcs in my network.

Network Windows 7 And Xp Computers Together

The HP tech I chatted with said HP would be working a fix, but did not have one now. August 28, 2009 BLood I found a solution for my self whit error "“Windows cannot access \\". I've been trying to get it to work for months. Dharmapunk says: 5 years ago I followed your directions and everything goes through but doesnt actually print.

Then click “Save changes” 17. by Peconet Tietokoneet · 7 years ago In reply to Re: I can't connect to a ... That’s it! Windows 7 Cannot Access Shared Folder On Xp Ask a question Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Otherwise, there might be a problem with your network. Windows Xp Cannot Access Windows 7 Share Good job. Select Easy Setup and click Next . http://ccm.net/forum/affich-196544-windows-7-won-t-recognize-xp-pc-in-network AndyMM says: 6 years ago Thanks you. :-) willidb says: 6 years ago I am trying to print to a HP Photosmart C4600 that's connected to an XP desktop from a

After finding that solution, everything else worked. Connect Xp To Windows 7 Homegroup At forst that was not enaf and i still got the error, but i runed network setup wizard and who-al-a, i can connect to xp machine and its shares. That is my problem, the driver. I turned off password protect in Win 7 I told XP to share its drive and files.

Windows Xp Cannot Access Windows 7 Share

Now Window 7 can see Xp and shate the XP printer. http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-7/share-files-and-printers-between-windows-7-and-xp/ can anyone please help on setting up the network on my xp. Network Windows 7 And Xp Computers Together Finally back to the June 16, restore point and Voila! How To Connect Windows Xp To Windows 7 Via Lan i get the "you might not have pemissions" BS.

and I will see the if it will work. see here I tried Have disk first, and put in my disk, but I got other error messages, so that didn't work. After installing SP3 or when you do a fresh install of XP SP3, even > > though the protocol won't self install you can install it youself by > > first Windows has an Add Printer Wizard accessible from the Devices and Printers section in the Control Panel. (In some older Windows versions including Vista, the section is simply called Printers.) The How To Share Files Between Windows 7 And Xp

I hadn´t spotted the "password protection" option and didn´t really want to go creating the same users on each computer to allow sharing. June 11, 2009 Jim S By the way, I didn't mention in my last post that the Windows Media Player in Windows 7 accesses and plays my media files on the I had a massive problem getting the following scenario to work: 1. this page Any ideas???????????

thanks January 2, 2010 JF Worked perfectly. Windows Cannot Connect To The Printer So i download the driver from the net, go into the setup and turns out that the printer doesn't have a port cause it can't connect and therefore can't install the Make sure is less than 8 characters and does not contain any symbols.

Is there anyway to use the printer with Windows 7, I am told there are no drivers available for Windows 7.

FRANKIE B. Thanks much. I am guessing that this is tied up with workgroups somehow- but it has been a long time since I dealt with XP.The Mac is leaving in a few weeks for Connect Windows 7 To Xp Workgroup Can I know what is the problem and how I can solve it?

Report wires and plugs 53Posts Monday January 26, 2009Registration date April 24, 2010 Last seen - Apr 5, 2010 01:56AM I have / had this same problem and did the same PJ says: 6 years ago Thank you! MS says use the vista driver which did not work. Get More Info August 6, 2009 Phil McGuire I run a small network of 3 computers - A Windows 7 machine, a XP machine (Service pack 3) and a MAC (OS X).

Then follow your instuctions and voila. May 30, 2009 bill I want to share the HP officejet G series the windows 7 does not have a driver XP does - does other way work somehow? I can view my shared documents, but I can not print from my Windows 7 printer. So I think I need to wait for Windows 7 x86 drivers so it will work?

i have a vista laptop and 2 xp desktops, and they have all connected to the printer and everything, but everytime i try to print i get an error message saying I can now see my shared WIN 7 folder on my WIN XP boxes. Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Any tutorial for that?