Home > Windows 7 > 7 Ultimate / Vista Cannot Browse Network

7 Ultimate / Vista Cannot Browse Network

Contents

It seems that most things shared by default will be based on the Public Folder structure and your accounting program will not be located in the public folder area so you I did what you mentioned to the letter and it worked like a charm in just seconds. Enter “gpedit.msc” in the Start Search box. 2. However, I still can't see other computers on my network from one of three computers. useful reference

I've tried every suggestion in this thread and in several others. Tweet Like Google+ Comments [59] catester says: 8 years ago This was a great check list. Then I found this site and tried uninstalling the copy of Norton's that was on the computer which I had never activated (as suggested above). These instructions are NOT sufficient to allow you to view files on your Vista machine from your Windows 7 machine. https://forums.techguy.org/threads/7-ultimate-vista-cannot-browse-network.971993/

Windows 7 Cannot Access Shared Folder

I keep getting a message that the user credentials were incorrect. Changed to home/work under customize and it works now October 4, 2011 John Only need to share a Printer with others, not all my private documents. reply My Thanks Permalink Submitted by anonymous on Tue, 03/08/2016 - 15:49 First time to your site. If this didn’t fix your problem, post a comment and I’ll try to help!

My Win2K clock was 2 hours two fast. In the Advanced sharing settings page of Network and sharing center, you need to have it set as Work/Home profile. Today I am not able to ping each computer, but I can see them in work group and access…I tried manually by using the IP address..Please help me to solve this Windows 7 Shared Folder You Do Not Have Permission To Access Also, Network Discovery and File and printer sharing should be enabled under the Advanced Networking Properties.Alternately, you can change your network connection type from Home to Work, which will bypass the

reply my thanks Permalink Submitted by bigpaul56 (not verified) on Tue, 04/19/2016 - 12:09 great !!! Windows 7 Cannot Access Network Share many thanks for your post reply still not working Permalink Submitted by stunbg (not verified) on Thu, 04/21/2016 - 16:44 Hi. THANKS for posting this! I can access the Windows 2000 Computer from a machine with Windows Xp, but no with computers with Windows 7.

anyone can sharing another method? How To Share Files Between Windows 7 And Xp I tried the registry edits suggested. So, to cut a long story short, turn off UAC if the time sync suggestion doesn't work. As you can see from the image posted below the 'Order' setting has two blank entries in the beginning causing the problem.

Windows 7 Cannot Access Network Share

The 7 computer can see Vista fine, all files, printers. So, to cut a long story short, turn off UAC if the time sync suggestion doesn't work. Windows 7 Cannot Access Shared Folder Perhaps I should try entering the target computer name into the User Name box of the Network Logon dialogue. How To Share Files Between Vista And Windows 10 Just FYI, hope this helps someone.

Curt says: 6 years ago I have carefully followed each step in this post, yet I still can not see my main computer from the other two computers on the network. see here You might not have permission to use this network resource. This morning I could not connect to the share of the new server, kept getting access denied messages from all client systems (even tho I could connect via remote desktop). Chris Pat says: 8 years ago After a virus attack I guess, my firewall was disabled and grayed out that I could not change the settings.My local area network was working Network Windows 10 And Vista

This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Monday, May 28, 2012 4:06 AM Reply | Quote 0 Sign in to vote I've tried everything suggested here and still when I try and access my Win7 box named X3 Thanks Wednesday, October 22, 2014 10:49 AM Reply | Quote 0 Sign in to vote Folks, a post saying "THIS" worked for me is pretty useless when the thread has several this page Folders created years ago on XP appear universally accessible.

If your PC is running on Windows 7 or later versions, you can refresh it by going to your control panel then selecting on the recovery option. How To Share Printer In Windows Xp To Windows 7 Saturday, December 31, 2011 3:16 AM Reply | Quote 0 Sign in to vote thank you. Open ports on your router Another source of headaches could be the firewall on your router.

answered here many times...click the start button and type secpol.msc in the search function.

Hope this helps. Advertisement joshie4ever Thread Starter Joined: Jan 1, 2011 Messages: 2 Hey Guys, I've been at this for a while and Ive tried a few different things in order to get this Monday, February 13, 2012 1:26 PM Reply | Quote 0 Sign in to vote I was experiencing this problem and tried the above - worked! Windows Cannot Access Network Share You Do Not Have Permission kind of a pain but at least it works!!!!

You can do this by going to Control Panel, clicking on Windows Firewall and then clicking on the Exceptions tab. Both on same Workgroup called "WORKGROUP". Their computer browsers worked, so their answer was that the Compaq hardware was the problem, and they suggested reformatting the hard drive to repair it. http://magicnewspaper.com/windows-7/unable-to-browse-local-network.html http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/how-repair-corrupt-or-damaged-windows-system-files-system-file-checker.htm 0 SummerW 4 Years Ago Ok so I did everything that I read in this to no advil I still can't get a website to work..

AnonymousJan 1, 2013, 12:23 AM You said all 3 boxes are unchecked with Everyone ( this mean if Everyone is the only one in the list, that no one has access the killer is, i can still connect to all of the other machines from my storage box, its just the other machines cant connect to this one no matter what i You have to tell it which subnet to allow through the firewall or you have to uninstall it. As long as network discovery is enabled on both the Vista and Windows 7 machine, sharing documents is actually a fairly simple process.

Depending on your setup, you might want to turn off password protected sharing. Happy sharing! When I look at the "compmgmt.msc" page, it identifies these active network sessions as "guest"!!?? I'm fresh out of ideas.

Going from my XP box to my Win7 worked fine though, as long as I provided correct user credentials. justwanttohelpOct 9, 2013, 5:26 AM from the main computer that is running on windows 7 ... There you shall select the 'open System Restore' option then follow the instructions. Please check related policies. 1.

Just be prepared to return to this forum because you won't be able to access your shares, on other window machines or servers for that matter on your network, unless you're I was testing with Windows 10 and set the clock up 30 days. rahul says: 5 years ago hi i am not able to ping my switch from my network and it is live but not getting ping is there and configuration to be Thanks a lot!

Edited by b1ackhawk Saturday, February 11, 2012 1:43 AM Friday, February 10, 2012 10:42 PM Reply | Quote 0 Sign in to vote I just bought a new Windows 7 desktop I graduated from Emory University in Atlanta, GA in 2002 with a degree in Computer Science and Mathematics. Is there an obvious thing I am not doing? I can not connect from the Windows 7 machine to an XP allow I can see them.