Home > Windows 98 > 120 GB HDD And Windows 98SE

120 GB HDD And Windows 98SE

Contents

windows 95 osr2 with 120gb hard drive Started by dsa1971 , Jul 13 2005 12:33 PM Please log in to reply 2 replies to this topic #1 dsa1971 dsa1971 Members 14 Will it be able to read the 160GB in bios then? Serial & Parallel Ports.VINTAGE Windows 98 SE DOS Gaming Computer 2.66 Ghz P4 CNC, MACHINING, Embroidery $178.00Buy It Nowor Best OfferWould make a great old DOS gaming system or for CNC, this is all very interesting ... More about the author

Unanswered Posts Active Topics Search Members Login Register It is currently Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:27 am Windows 98se advice. It is tested and works great. GB on that C: drive partition?I have a "BX-based mobo", and my HDD is 300GB. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/136825-windows-98se-120gb-hard-drive/

Windows 98 Max Hard Drive Size

i440BX/ZX Rev 1 ... Top Display posts from previous: All posts1 day7 days2 weeks1 month3 months6 months1 yearSort by AuthorPost timeSubject AscendingDescending Board index » Discussion & Support» Hardware Page 1 CPU VIA C 3 533 MHz MMX/SS...Windows 98 Computer System. 3x ISA Slots. for the additional information.

I just found out yesterday that ATA and IDE hard drives are the same. dencorso ... taking it off later today also ... Windows 98 Large Disk Support plus I found this info about using the IAA:You can use the Intel Application Accelerator to access the full capacity of hard drives that are larger than 137 GB on supported

Just loaded with Windows 98 Second Edition. 20GB Hard Disk, Serial & Parallel Ports.Custom Built Computer With Windows 98 S.E. 1.9 GHz CPU & 512 MB Ram 80 GB H.D. $95.00Buy Windows Me Hard Drive Size Limit The benefit of running Win-98 from a SATA hard drive is that there is no 137 gb drive-size limitation when using a SATA drive, so there is no need to worry Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by tkistre, Mar 17, 2003. http://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?t=19215 This software delivers improved performance through several ingredient technologies (components).

Any input or ideas welcomed. Windows 98 Ram Limit The GEFORCE 4 TI, FX 5700, 5900 and 5950 SERIES Video Gaming cards are the Last Generation Video Cards I would use and still be compatible for older Windows 98 Gam...Windows Over 1gb causes Windows to gives a ''not enough extended memory to boot Windows'' error. This is the description provided by Intel:The Intel Application Accelerator is designed to improve performance of the storage sub-system and overall system performance.

Windows Me Hard Drive Size Limit

Computer has been cleaned with compressed air to insure good air flow then case is wiped down. - 1 LPT / Printer Port.Dell Optiplex GXi Computer Intel Pentium 166MHz 128MB RAM I not an expert in any way dealing with newer stuff that "may or may not" work with Windows 98SE. Windows 98 Max Hard Drive Size The system also includes an Crystal-based AC'97 16-bit audio card for great DOS gaming experi... Fdisk Windows 98se Intel ...

Number one, you cannot use Microsoft's FORMAT, FDISK, SCANDISK and DEFRAG utilities on a 48-bit LBA drive. my review here Please try again now or at a later time. After modifying the adapter the UDMA5 mode kicked in, and the overal performance was higher than with the PCI SATA controller.However, since the maximum speed your southbridge allows you to attain These are my results from a few years ago when I did VirtualBox testing of the memory limitations of Windows 98 SE (assuming an AMD athlon 64x2 4800+ CPU @ 2.49ghz). Windows 98 Maximum Volume Size

I appreciate your help ... Would make a great old DOS gaming system or for CNC, Embroidery, Machining etc. If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). click site Newer Than: Search this thread only Search this forum only Display results as threads More...

I will just look around for some IDE drives ... Windows 98 Lba Edited February 11, 2011 by duffy98 0 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites monroe    39 39 1,271 posts May 21, 2007 OS: XP Pro x86 Country: I am not very familiar with this, but is this a special chipset?

They are putting in a 120gb hard drive.

If your BIOS notes 160GB that's good news.2. http://www.48bitlba.com documents the issues.The 64MB "LIMIT" is only for those that didn't download a patched up FDISK from Microsoft. SATA to IDE Adapter.4. Windows 98 48 Bit Lba i440BX/ZX Rev 1 ...

Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed. To acheive full capacity of your drive, you will need BIOS support for drives greater than 8.4 Gbytes and a Windows operating system that supports FAT32. Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:49 amLocation: Tunbridge Wells U.K Thanks for the replies.I don't know if anyone else has had problems with certain D845 and above Intel Chipsets, even with navigate to this website windows 98 can take as much as you throw at it as long as u have enough sockets on the ribbon belt although this will make it slower Flag Permalink This

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests Board index » Discussion & Support» Hardware Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] Print view Previous topic It has a PCI Sata controller card that I have various SATA drives connected to it at various times. Would this allow me to get around the BIOS limitation of only being able to see 137GB for my 300GB HDD - and then get "Boot It NG" to make 3 using all space.]Which is correct, or what is the max size that can be used without any problems.Thanks 6 answers Last reply Nov 3, 2002 More about win98se hard drive size

Run Windows 98 there. I will continue searching around for an older hard drive ... Any other disk space should be reserved for additional third-party programs and personal files on another partition, or partitions. So you need to tell us what your primary computing devices are.

Just boot from the XP upgrade CD and at some point setup will ask you to prove where your copy of Windows 95 or 98 is. It's easy! To learn more and to read the lawsuit, click here. Which BIOS version do you use?

My computers have IDE drives in them now and I will just try to find some IDE drives online somewhere .... I have a "BX-based mobo", and my HDD is 300GB. I have decided to get an extra hard drive or two for spares. The size of the harddrive shouldn't have anything to do with whether you can update IE....it sounds more like there was a configuration issue (perhaps an activeX control not installed properly)

Useful Searches Recent Posts Menu Forums Forums Quick Links Search Forums Recent Posts Menu Log in Sign up AnandTech Forums: Technology, Hardware, Software, and Deals Forums > Software > Operating Systems Flag Permalink This was helpful (0) Collapse - The 160GB drive will be all of 127GB in WIndows 98. dencorso ...