Home > Windows 98 > 95/98 Can't See XP Shares

95/98 Can't See XP Shares

Contents

P.S. On a client running Windows 2000 or XP, there's more to the story. I tried to delete and recreate the share too and that did not work either. http://ultimateedition.info/ http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/for...hp?f=36&t=2387 Adv Reply November 9th, 2010 #6 rebeltaz View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message Quad Shot of Ubuntu Join Date Dec 2007 Beans 461 Re: cannot get windows useful reference

I have deleted the .pwl file on the Win98 and logged in using the same user/pass combination as I do on the Linux. Thanks to you all. To make the settings, right click the network connection and click Properties | Configure | Advanced. Tick the boxes next to the permissions you want to allow (e.g. http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles-tutorials/windows-9598me/wxpwin9x.html

Windows 95 File Sharing

The PC is the one that is connected to the internet, the laptop is wireless through the router. First, know what the Computer name is and what Workgroup it belongs to. Join Date Jun 2009 Location U.S.A.

For a long time, there was a big "?" in the connection line of the Win 7 to the router. Nothing special no routers, none of that over-hyped jazz. So the win98 computer can only use the IP protocol...The problem is with the compatibility between the old IPX (win9x) and the new IPX (win2k and winXP)... Windows 98 Network Settings I guess maybe I just don't understand how to set up the network between the 2.

I don't want either give all the people with network access to my files as suggested by the "Everyone" advised tip. Windows 98 Network Share Solution 1: Click Add a network place and follow the prompts to add it. Adv Reply November 9th, 2010 #4 CharlesA View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message Visit Homepage Beware of Hat... http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=324365 Win 7 Home laptop connected to network via WLAN.

I added "Everyone" as a user, just as ShockDoctor7 suggested. What Is The Standard Irq Setting For The Realtime Clock I did not mean to step on any toes or seek any glory by stealing any person’s thunder. It's a good idea to use the same password too instead of leaving it blank. Windows 7 IT Pro > Windows 7 Networking General discussion 19 Sign in to vote This process will make the network a little less secure but it works well because a

Windows 98 Network Share

AND THANKS A MILLION TO THE PEOPLE IN THIS FORUM!! Best regards Roman Friday, November 06, 2009 12:22 PM Reply | Quote 1 Sign in to vote Hi there,After you disable the policy to "do not allow Lan Manager Hashes on next password Windows 95 File Sharing Solution 2: Click View workgroup computers, then click the computer that has the shared disk or folder. Windows 98 Connect To Network Share Make sure Network Discovery, File and Printer Sharing, and Public Folder Sharing are all set to “on” and Password Protected Sharing is set to “off”.

Now try right clicking on the d:\downloads folder in Win7 and going to the security settings.Give everyone read rights. In Windows Explorer, the XP machines are not shown In the XP machine: Simple file sharing is turned off. And why is 'no user account' a bad thing? Error Message: The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available. Windows 98 Shared Folder Virtualbox

Until today I havn't found nobody who works with a win98 in a server2008 .Thanks Karl-Heinz ChristGenova Monday, November 10, 2008 11:17 PM Reply | Quote 0 Sign in to vote Everything has been working great for internet, as well as file and print sharing. Download and install the latest firmware for the hardware router. The shared resource was not created at this time.

and here's a funny thing. Which Of The Following Networking Components Receives A Signal Regenerates And Sends It You can turn off the Norton 360firewall on the Windows XP boxtemporarily by right clicking on the Norton 360 tray icon and clicking on Disable Smart Firewall. Illinios Beans 336 DistroUbuntu Re: cannot get windows 98 to access linux shares Sorry but.......

Connecting to a Share from Windows 2000 or XP If Windows XP Professional doesn't recognize the user name and password presented by a Windows 2000 or XP computer which wants to

RE: Cannot access network share mainegeek (IS/IT--Management) 30 Jul 02 14:44 Right click on the Drive or folder(s) that you want shared and select sharing. The walls of his home are currently in the process of being patched up from his latest home networking venture.Kaynakça bilgileriBaşlıkHome Networking: The Missing ManualMissing manualYazarScott LoweBaskıresimliYayıncı"O'Reilly Media, Inc.", 2005ISBN059600558X, 9780596005580Uzunluk245 Click Apply and OK. Home| Networking| Backgrounders| Internet Sharing| Security| HowTo| Troubleshooting| Reviews| News| About| Jobs| Tools| Forums TechNet Products IT Resources Downloads Training Support Products Windows Windows Networking Windows 95 And Windows 7 Of course, if anyone feels this won't work and knows it's actually something else - please don't hesitate to throw in ;-) Tuesday, June 28, 2011 5:54 PM Reply | Quote

You'll learn how to stream music from your PCs to your stereo, how to display pictures on your TV, how to hook up game consoles to your network, and more! I sure hope this helps someone avoid the aggravation I had this holiday. If XP Professional doesn't recognize the logged-in user name and password, it causes the client computer to prompt the user to enter a different user name and password. Connecting to a Anyway, if an OS is no longer getting security updates, it's time to move on, as that OS is vulnerable to new expolits, since it's no longer being patched for them.

To see or copy files, click the Windows Orb (Start) > Network and the computers/folders/files should appear. The link does n't work, can you check pls? If there aren't any other suggestions, I'll set up a second partition for the data I want to share so that I can limit possible damage if something bad happens. Join Date Oct 2009 BeansHidden!

Second of all, I never said what I was using this for so it's a little pretentious of all of you to assume that you have any idea what you are Here's the setup: High-speed cable internet via Linksys WRT160N wireless router. i have 3 pc's on my network. I tried to install hotfix to server (article 973246 Write error when you upload files into a shared folder...), but it didn't help to resolve this problem.

the 'ORB" doesn't work that way. It should be followed by a more specific message. You might not have permission to use this network resource. ..." After trying virtually every online solution/suggestion/fix (including this one), I was still having no joy. When i using Windows 7 to access the file inside, it came out this message : you do not have access, and/or permission to access the computers files...

On a client running Windows 95, 98, or Me, that's the whole story.