Home > Windows 98 > 98 And XP Network

98 And XP Network

Contents

The only system on the network that has resources which other systems shares its resources is the XP machine which is a fellow client connected to the server running Windows 2000 Community Sponsors Advertisement WindowsITPro.com Windows Exchange Server SharePoint Virtualization Cloud Systems Management Site Features Contact Us Awards Community Sponsors Media Center RSS Sitemap Site Archive View Mobile Site Penton Privacy Policy Who knows... The Win98 user could again access the shares on the XP computer. useful reference

Steve. I reloaded the system—same problem. including a comprehensive FAQ, dual booting with Windows 98 and how to dual boot with formatting. It just keeps getting better with each OS release.

Windows 98 Network Share

NOTE: With many broadband internet contracts, a router is provided free of charge or for a small top-up. Configure it such that all your home network computers are in the Trusted Zone. 2) I can't find/connect to my PC Network Server! Teacher Beach Bum Extraordinaire Back to top #19 OFFLINE Temmu Temmu The Assimilator Forum MVP 12,525 posts Posted 22 April 2003 - 12:27 AM The HOST and LMHOST files are

Or does it not reliably fix the problem? Guests is much easier (and less confusing when you boot your XP computer). post are still welcome!! Windows 98 Shared Folder Virtualbox Two NWLink items are added to the connection's Properties Restart your computer even if not requested and The IPX/SPX protocol should now be installed and working.

If your XP machine is using NTFS you will also need to create a user and give the use permissions to use the drive or folders you want to share. Windows 98 Network Settings Thanks for your suggestions! Examples are P2P applications, Bit Torrent, Multiplayer Games and remote desktop controlling. news This part is, by definition, less mature and any feedback and comments by sending me a quick message would be appreciated.

Linksys router with 4 port switch (BEFSR41 V.2 with latest firmware upgrade)3. Windows 95 File Sharing With NetBEUI, you don't really need that -- technically -- to be able to browse. Plus, I was an idiot about the case and power supply. If it is exactly two computers only, you only need a Crossover Ethernet Cable to connect the computers to each other.

Windows 98 Network Settings

Omissions? https://www.easydesksoftware.com/news/news24.htm On the Win98SE PC I had installed the Lexmark MarkNet Software to admin my Laser printer. 6. Windows 98 Network Share Start > Control Panel > Network Connections. Windows 98 Connect To Network Share Log In or Register to post comments Anonymous on Apr 11, 2004 Thanks Bret, you saved the day.

There are many ways, here is the sorted list, from fastest to slowest Physically removing the hard disk from PC A and connecting it to PC B physically inside. see here Right-click the LAN Connection and then click Properties. Please email it to me at [email protected] I do have that software installed on both computers but I had it configured to pass through and I even shut the software down when I tried the connection. Which Of The Following Networking Components Receives A Signal Regenerates And Sends It

The network device is the center - all computer's Network Interface Card's connect to it via the Ethernet cable. 2. Seems like XP is sooooooooooooo fussy about what programs you have installed and, to me, it is Super slow. I went ahead, created an account for the Windows 98 user on XP. this page Click NWLink IPX/SPX/NetBIOS Compatible Transport Protocol and click OK.

It should work right away, although you may have to reboot cranky Win9x machines.-- Scot Scot Finnie, Editor in Chief, Computerworld; Figure Head, Scot's Newsletter Back to top #5 OFFLINE What Is The Standard Irq Setting For The Realtime Clock To remove a binding, un-check the corresponding box. However, my ZoneAlarm icon simultaneously was showing *no* activity at all.

A world without NetBEUI The lack of support for NetBEUI in a Windows XP machine make adding one to an existing Network between Windows 9X machines a bit of a minefield.

Check the Network properties for your TCP/IP > NIC and the Binding tab, uncheck File and Print Sharing, leave Client for Microsoft Networks checked. posted 20 Sep 2007 - show 1 replies - Reply - Permanent Link Admin Administrator this guide only covers windows networking. I had one nic in each computer that was originally configured for cable modem and ran the network setup wizard in XP and then the floppy the wizard created on the Networking Windows 95 And Windows 7 I can see the other computer on the network but cannot browse.

The Internet Gateway Way by using Windows XP ICS This part will not be detailed in this guide. I had ZA running at first with this problem. For LAN gaming, it could not get any simpler! http://magicnewspaper.com/windows-98/network-xp-and-win-me.html posted 2 Sep 2009 - Reply - Permanent Link DCRCOOL Unregistered Thanks, I've been surfing the web trying to find out how to do this and this guide is the best.

I can see and browse all except that I cannot browse (I can see...sometimes) one wireless from the other. But for now I like the sound. Thanks. A standard network cable has all the wires matched to the same pin on the opposite end.

Allen Back to top #6 OFFLINE Scot Scot Administrator Forum Admins 2,015 posts Posted 23 March 2003 - 02:21 PM I like Windows 2000.