Home > Windows 98 > 98 And XP

98 And XP

Contents

Thanks to Johnson. 11 April 2004 - Version 0.12 Minor grammatical changes 02 April 2004 - Version 0.1 First Release Errors? This can cause configuration problems when you start WindowsXP. Allow the computer to boot into Win98. Requirements A logical partition with a extended logical drive already created for the Windows 9x drive.

I know i have to install windows 98 first and when i insert the cd and boot from it windows says BOOTMGR missing press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart i do that and Then I used Partition Magic 7 to move the XP partition back 3,2 Gig on the HDD, then create a 3.2 Gig Win98-SE partition in front of the XP partition. The Vcache, which contains the memory addresses for the disk-caching driver, can increase to 800MB. Install, patch ... https://www.petri.com/install_windows_98_after_windows_xp

Dual Boot Windows 98 And Xp Step By Step

Unregistered My C: Drive is FAT32 formatted with a 115MB system file hidden. posted 27 Sep 2013 - Reply - Permanent Link Unregistered and WHY would that be true?! Is this a good/bad idea? posted 1 Sep 2007 - show 2 replies - Reply - Permanent Link Admin Administrator Not possible to install win98 to a ntfs partition.

Once the file copying is done no need to boot from cd Now u have both the OS with winxp in c: and win98 in d: 0 zenobiazeke 7 Years Ago Several functions may not work. NOTE : START WITH STEP 4) IF BEGINNINGBY FDISKING ; AND WITH STEP 7) IF BEGINNING BY REFORMATTING "C" .2) USE POWERMAX TO LOW LEVEL FORMAT THE 20 GIG (19595K) PRIMARYMASTER If there is, you have successfully installed Windows 98, and a menu has already been created.

I need Windows98 because some of my old software won't run on XP. Windows95OSR2, Windows98, Windows2000, and WindowsXP support FAT32 volumes.However, if you format a WindowsNT4.0, Windows2000, or WindowsXP volume with any file system other than NTFS, you will lose all NTFS-specific features. DISCLAIMER: Proceed at your own risk!

Sign in 20 4 Don't like this video?

I have to select Windows during the boot process. … XP Machine starts fine sometimes. There is usually only one installation. After setting up the initial local admin account, I created standard local account for friend to use. See "Step 3" and "Step 48" in my post.

How To Install Windows 98 Over Windows Xp

B.) Read/write performance with FAT32 is affected because the file system must determine the free space on the disk through the small views of the massive FAT structure. http://bootstrike.com/WindowsXP/dualboot98.php Can I install win98 on it eventhough my C partition is in NTFS for Win XP posted 21 Sep 2007 - Reply - Permanent Link Admin Administrator I don't think it Dual Boot Windows 98 And Xp Step By Step Just don't install it to the same partition as 98 and all is well. Windows 98 Boot Disk im a noob!

This includes some WindowsXP features such as file system security, encrypting file system (EFS) settings, disk quotas, and Remote Storage. You will now get the XP Boot loader with your choice of operating system. You should see a prompt "Press any key to boot from CD.." asking to you press a key to enter Setup. Co-authors: 15 Updated: Views:115,033 Quick Tips Related ArticlesHow to Migrate Windows 98 Applications to XPHow to Quickly Install a Dedicated Dystopia Demo Server on WindowsHow to Play Arcade Games on a

Extensive testing has shown that as physical memory is added to a Win9x system, the performance benefits decrease exponentially. What functions did it offer at the time?What are the most useful Windows 98 commands?What is the difference between Windows 10, Windows 10 KN, Windows 10 N, and Windows 10 Single Also, I'll be using Data Becker Complete Home Designer ver. 5.0. It's almost entirely 32bit code making it faster and smoother running.

WHEN ASKED IF YOU WANT TO REBOOT NOW , SELECT "NO".45) USING THE PARTITION MAGIC OPERATIONS MENU, SELECT ADVANCED TO SETTHE WIN98-SE PARTITION AS ACTIVE THEN APPLY CHANGES.46) IF STEP 45) OK idea? Username Forum Password I've forgotten my password Remember me This is not recommended for shared computers Sign in anonymously Don't add me to the active users list Privacy Policy

Videos Sans Frontier 1,223 views 1:01:27 Windows 98 TO GO! (live USB image + download) - Duration: 8:28.

ONCE REBOOTED , GO INTO THE "MSREG.INI" FILE WITHIN THE36) CHECK AND DOUBLECHECK TO INSURE EVERYTHING WORKS !!!37) LOAD BOOT MAGIC.38) CREATE BOOT MAGIC RESCUE DISKETTE !!!39) USE PARTITION MAGIC TO What are the differences? 12 answers Last reply Apr 7, 2003 More about what diff win98 2000 TeqMar 30, 2003, 12:50 PM Win9x (95,98,ME) are 32 bit code with mostly 16 What is diff. Back to top BC AdBot (Login to Remove) BleepingComputer.com Register to remove ads #2 JHMcG JHMcG Members 242 posts OFFLINE Local time:04:28 AM Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:57

FAT32 cluster sizes can be much larger than in NTFS, which increases the hard disk slack space. For this part you need a Windows 98 CD or a CD Image of one. Everything was working wonderfully yesterday, what happened I have not a clue. Both operating system must be "tweaked" to achieve the best performance (with WinXP having the most default "bloat"), and you must install well-written drivers for the hardware.

Then install 98 to that 4 gig. Serdar Yalçın, Computer engineer of 20 years. Tips Be sure that you have enough hard disk space (should be from about 500 megabytes to 2 gigabytes) and RAM (should be from around 64 megabytes to 256 megabytes) to From here you can set a program to run on your current Windows OS in such a way it will not cause any problems with your modern OS (eg.

Run Nero. Win9x has a priority issue with memory ... Oct 5, 2009 #3 DLambie TS Booster Topic Starter Posts: 82 One problem here 250 GB hard drive how can I partition this as FDISK only shows I got 41 GB Loading...

Videos Sans Frontier 1,305 views 34:56 Windows Plus! Started to use windows from 3.1Written 59w agoThe main difference is one of them Windows 98 is a DOS based operating system, whereas XP has Windows NT roots. Microsoft does not support installing multiple operating systems on the same volume. •If you have only one volume on your computer, you must reformat and repartition your hard drive to contain There are memory management and user security issues that make them mostly useless for anything but homeowner or 1 machine office use.

For example, if you want to use Microsoft Word on the same computer under both Windows98 and WindowsXP, you must start Windows98 and install Microsoft Word. If speed is important you will also end up turning off most of the eye-candy. I've done the same thing countless times on other comuters without a problem. Select the original drive that Windows XP usually boots to (usually C:) Login as an administrator account At the command prompt, type FIXMBR C: Then type FIXBOOT C: If any confirmation

Click here to Register a free account now! Revisions 22 April 2006 - Version 0.15 Minor changes 14 Feb 2006 Version 0.14 (Minor changes) 7 May 2004 - Version 0.13 Left out some essential parts to fixing the bootup. Ask a new question Read More Windows XP Windows Product Related Resources what is the diff. IN THAT ORDER .30) LOAD LG DVD/RW SOFTWARE INTO D:\XP SOFTWARE\VIDEO\LG DVD-RW.NOTE : This must be loaded before the ATI DVD software.31) LOAD THE "XP ATI DAO-MDAC---" FROM ITS LOCATION IN