Home > Windows 98 > 98 Machine Can't See Nt Machine.

98 Machine Can't See Nt Machine.

Contents

The Netwotk Path was not found. Also, I can hook other clients to the same cable this PC is using and they exhibit the very same behavior. I can take the same PC and hook it to a different cable (in a different area), and it can browse the NT box fine (and vice versa). How much will that be? –SPRBRN Jan 6 '16 at 21:18 | show 1 more comment Your Answer draft saved draft discarded Sign up or log in Sign up using http://magicnewspaper.com/windows-98/connecting-a-windowsxp-machine-to-a-windows98-machine-via-direct-cable-connection.html

It will find "Soundblaster 16 or AWE 32 or compatible".Code: Select all Expand viewCollapse view[img]http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/2001/win98soundscreenshot06me3.png[/img] win98soundscreenshot06me3.png (39.92 KiB) Viewed 539346 times 2.7. Clipboard Host<=>Guest(contributed by stefan.becker)Clipboard integrated in VirtualBox only works with the Guest Additions, so not for Windows9x. I have done this many times before with no problem, however, i ha Read More Views 1k Votes 0 Answers 0 November 02, 2008 MYSQL Select query with custom ORDER BY Help and Support and the general help file is your friend when it comes to looking for answers.

Virtualbox Windows 98 Drivers

Otherwise it will crash. (There are workarounds, that allow Win 9x run on modern physical systems, but I won't go into detail here)In some cases enabling or disabling AMD-V/VT-x can help Wait, isn't this a sudoku? Not an option to upgrade. Now windows 98 comes up with either of two messages "You do not have permision to access this share" or prompt for a password, it never has given me such prompts

It seems like it is a one way street. The single NT box that cannot talk to these is running NT Workstation, not server. I have a heterogenous O/s running on my LAN, Windows98, XP, and 2000pro. Vbe9x For example, to add user steve to Samba's encrypted password database, type smbpasswd -a steve.

Sep 2008, 02:18 Top Reply with quote Re: Tutorial: Windows 95/98 guest OSes by stefan.becker » 28. Install Windows 98 Virtualbox If it's a software problem, that might solve it. I would also like to know if it is possible to control what fields to be displayed/ Read More Views 274 Votes 0 Answers 0 September 06, 2005 Using RDO, Enterprise http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=449428 After that I had no problem with reading from a modern USB flash drive - though of course the drive has to be FAT formatted since Win98SE doesn't understand NTFS.

Read More Views 1k Votes 0 Answers 1 January 05, 2009 AD on 2003 We have created an AD Domain on Windows 2000 Server with no problems. Vbe9x Drivers For Win98 But, what I do not get is- how can a faulty cable work fine for connecting to 24 other PCs and only have a problem connecting to one? Is there any advantage to freshly ground salt? LMHOSTS 5.

Install Windows 98 Virtualbox

For example, if the server's address is 192.168.236.86 and its network mask 255.255.255.0, you might use the address 192.168.236.10, if it is available, for the NT workstation, along with the same https://books.google.com/books?id=9QEAAAAAMBAJ&pg=PT60&lpg=PT60&dq=98+machine+can't+see+Nt+Machine.&source=bl&ots=K7GQ_C446e&sig=OUjAMp9Ut0zm7uKAbJUUfypwr0I&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjO34KolczRAhVLzIMKHd_RC_IQ6AEINzAE I can't believe I'm the first person that ever happened to. Virtualbox Windows 98 Drivers You should perform these steps as the "Administrator" user. 3.2.1.1 Name the machineThe first thing you need to do is to give the machine a NetBIOS name. Windows 98 Virtualbox Image Your cache administrator is webmaster.

You're allowed to make it different from the TCP/IP hostname, but doing so is usually not a good thing. see here Try to select ones on your own network. I have a windows xp laptop that is a member of a domain and a windows 98 laptop which is a member of the corresponding workgroup. Otherwise, use the other addresses you find in the lines beginning with nameserver. Scitech Display Doctor Windows 98

The format is identical. You cannot change the MAC address of a NIC, it is assigned by the manufacturer. The reason I say cabling is... http://magicnewspaper.com/windows-98/solved-cable-transfer-from-98-machine-to-new-xp-machine.html except ghost working machines onto not working ones. ===============Security Forumswww.security-forums.com RE: Can't see new NT4 user from 98SE machines browolf (Programmer) 16 Jan 03 18:28 or get a packet sniffer such

You can safely ignore the other options. 3.2.2.4 Hosts filesIf you don't have either DNS or WINS, and you don't wish to use broadcast name resolution, you'll need to provide a Virtualbox Windows 98 256 Colors MAYBE it's a bad port on the hub. As a test, I tried logging on to the Win98 PC as different users.

share|improve this answer answered Jan 6 '16 at 15:47 SPRBRN 2,62333055 An ancient system with no more ability to fetch updates?

Each and every issue is packed with punishing product reviews, insightful and innovative how-to stories and the illuminating technical articles that enthusiasts crave....https://books.google.com/books/about/Maximum_PC.html?id=9QEAAAAAMBAJ&utm_source=gb-gplus-shareMaximum PCMy libraryHelpAdvanced Book SearchSubscribeGet Textbooks on Google PlayRent Jun 2007, 21:53 Top Reply with quote Re: Tutorial: Windows 95/98 guest OSes by mpack » 23. There are no permissions restrictions on any machines, all sharing is wide open and not user- based. **** Update 5/19/2000 **** Well, I believe it has been narrowed to a "cabling" Windows 98 Se Bootable Iso All rights reserved.Unauthorized reproduction or linking forbidden without expressed written permission.

What happens if Matter Reshaper reveals a land? Sep 2008, 13:30 Since this is now became a common request by many, I decided to write a tutorial about Windows 9x (95/98/98SE/Me) usage on VirtualBox.Forenote: Windows 9x is not officially And that NT server cannot connect to that 98 machine. http://magicnewspaper.com/windows-98/network-on-win98-machine-and-a-xp-machine.html I have always had them setup with out passwords and full read/write access to one another.

While I was contemplating this task, I suddenly remembered an old Windows for Workgroups (WFW) 3.11 trick: Simply reenter the user's password on the computer that holds the shares. Prehaps doing a System Restore recently screwed something up. They can, however, access the two existing W2000 servers. RE: Can't see new NT4 user from 98SE machines browolf (Programmer) 21 Jan 03 10:58 np.

This brings up the DNS panel. I set up a third server (all 3 are running Windows 2000 Server) on the network. Got to the \\computername\IPC$ prompt on Windows 98 machine from the network neigbourhood. Log In or Register to post comments sam williams on Mar 10, 2004 I don't have a problem with establishing connectivity between win 9x and win xp machines.

Guess I did not figure this one out "by myself", huh? They are feeding programs to cnc machines from the 70's over parallel port tape drive adapters and custom software. –birdman3131 Jan 6 '16 at 14:48 In those days network Read More Views 341 Votes 0 Answers 5 April 11, 2003 Drill down in a cross-tabl report Hello, Would some experts to show me if it is possible to do drill-up WINS 3.

Second, find the smbpasswd program on the samba server (it is located in /usr/local/samba/bin by default) and use it to add an entry to Samba's encrypted password database. It just comes up with an error every time.....HELP!!!!! These other two PCs for some reason just can't connect. Good Luck Comments See all(0) Add comment Anonymous 0 August 17, 2011 -Check for incorrect hosts, lmhosts files on Winnt, Win98 machines.