Home > Windows 98 > 98 To Xp Printer Sharing

98 To Xp Printer Sharing

Contents

If you prefer to keep the Windows 7 machine in a standard configuration, using the CutePDF virtual printer within the Win98 VM would probably be a bit better. I password protected the 'Guest' account by going to a command line and typing in: " Net user guest password", then . This would mean that native Windows 7 apps would also have to connect to the printer as a shared printer from XP, because it is not connected natively to Windows 7 Almost like a mini domain. useful reference

All Rights Reserved Tom's Hardware Guide ™ Ad choices RSS Twiter Facebook Google+ Community Area Login Register Now Home Articles & Tutorials Windows 95/98/ME Networking between WindowsXP and Windows95/98/ME by Johannes Advertisement Recent Posts New Computer BSOD Issues... Are they both part of the same workgroup? As Anton74 emphasized, security is still of utmost importance, particularly within a business environment. check this link right here now

Windows 95 File Sharing

Register now! Everyone cares for the other guy. 0 LVL 1 Overall: Level 1 Message Active 6 days ago Author Comment by:Blinkr ID: 358743712011-05-30 Thank you to Run5k &Anton74 for your suggestions. Also, do the Upnp need to be enabled or disabled????

But is there any advantage to using the WinXP environment that the Win98 virtual PC is running in to access the Win7 printer? i've done this before but i'm over looking something. Early registrants for this year's conference will also receive a Symantec White Paper: Top 5 SSL/TLS Attack Vectors: How they have impacted IT and how you can avoid them , as Windows 98 Network Settings Privacy Policy Support Terms of Use

I am a paying customer just like you! Windows 98 Connect To Network Share I know the security issues by doing this. The Windows 7 can get to the shares on the Win'98 but the Win'98 can't access shares on the Windows 7 even though it can be seen in network neighborhood. "\\computername See Also The Author — Johannes Helmig Dr.Johannes Helmig is working as Director, Technical Knowledge Management in the Belgium office of Gerber Technology where he is involved in Customer Service and

Follow Us Facebook How To Fix Buy Do More About Us Advertise Privacy Policy Careers Contact Terms of Use © 2017 About, Inc. — All rights reserved. What Is The Standard Irq Setting For The Realtime Clock For information on the program click here.We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.Was your question answered? I bought an Epson SX515W, I have to say I did not like the instructions that came with it, and it took a factory reset to get it to appear on I started testing them &things were coming together well, but this print server device ended up the best solution.

Windows 98 Connect To Network Share

Windows 7 Windows Live Photo Gallery Overview Video by: Faizan This Micro Tutorial will give you a basic overview of Windows Live Photo Gallery and show you various editing filters and I can easily view files on the 98 machines FROM the XP, but not vise versa. Windows 95 File Sharing In fact, in Windows explorer I can't see the XP machine at all. Windows 98 Network Share Mark it as an accepted solution!I am not a Comcast employee.Was your question answered?Mark it as a solution! 0 Kudos Posted by Anon370334 ‎01-19-2004 04:45 PM Visitor Member Since: ‎01-09-2004 Posts:

I have always logged on to MS Networking on the two 98 machines with a username and password (as I had them networked previously, with just a crossover cable). see here I'll bet it will work then. Read More Windows Server 2012/2008/2003/2000/XP/NT Administrator Knowledge Base Categories Windows 2000 Windows 2003 Windows 7 Windows 8 Windows NT Windows Server 2008 Windows Server 2012 Windows Vista Windows XP Products Software Wireless broadband2. Windows 98 Shared Folder Virtualbox

On Windows 95 | 98 | ME, reboot the computer if prompted to do so.Tips:Consider disabling Windows File and Printer Sharing when connected to public networks for improved security.What You Need:Computer You may also... Very strange.It sounds more like an IP problem, but I've been over all that in the wireless setup. http://magicnewspaper.com/windows-98/network-printer-sharing-win98-xp.html What is the output of "net view" and "net share" on both systems? (see above) All of these tasks are fully documented in the Windows help system, just do a search

I am a paying customer just like you! Which Of The Following Networking Components Receives A Signal Regenerates And Sends It Then it would be accessible from just about any operating system. What machine/s?

Windows 7 Windows OS Control Panel on Windows 7 Video by: Faizan This Micro Tutorial will give you basic overview of the control panel section on Windows 7.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you! I never have gotten Outlook 2002 to work the same from one day to the next either (Office XP worked fine when I ran W2K with it). I have seen these sorts of problems caused by ZoneAlarm in particular.-- Scot Scot Finnie, Editor in Chief, Computerworld; Figure Head, Scot's Newsletter Back to top #7 OFFLINE lawton_kid lawton_kid Ipc$ Password Jan 2, 2004 #13 Bluejay39 TS Rookie Having identical problems...

All help is thanked. For troubleshooting purposes, turn off XP's and any other firewall software. I am a paying customer just like you! Get More Info After that everyone could see each other's shares Win98 <-> Win98SE <-> WinXP.

Please try again. And what about any firewalls. I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. Like "\ipadres\printersharedname" Greets Crazy, Nov 26, 2003 #5 MattG TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 140 Tried all that Crazy :-/ Xp machine still doesnt see the Printer connected to the

Main Sections Technology News Reviews Features Product Finder Downloads Drivers Community TechSpot Forums Today's Posts Ask a Question News & Comments Useful Resources Best of the Best Must Reads Trending Now Nicholas Li - MSFT Hi Nicholas, Your suggestion works to establish folder sharing btw Win 98 and Win 7 PCs. Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. I have a similar problem, but I am using MS virtual pc on windows 7 to run windows 98.

Training topics range from Android App Dev to the Xen Virtualization Platform. network administrator tools Network Configuration Management Network inventory software Network Mapping Network monitoring / management Network Traffic Monitoring Patch Management Remote control software SharePoint Tools Software distribution and metering Storage and Mark it as an accepted solution!I am not a Comcast employee. Do I need to install and enable ‘Simple File Sharing’ on the XP and go that route or am I missing the point?

Do both computers belong to the same workgroup? Stay informed with Comcast Alerts Alerts are an easy, quick way to manage your account and get information - like payment confirmations and your current balance.