Home > Windows 98 > 98/XP Network

98/XP Network

The leading Microsoft Exchange Server and Office 365 resource site. This is the best. Change the port on the Win98 computer to be the network share. Hit OK two times and the setting should be saved. useful reference

Create simular username & password on different machines and you can access resources also without having trusts between domains this will work. Once the server is up and running, go to the other computer. THen went to 98 computer to ADD PRINTER option, selected NETWORK computer...keeps asking for .inf file, pointed to 98 hard drive where printer is installed and no .inf files exist. Now it should say under the status: Connected!

Windows 98 Network Share

for some businesses (mostly 98, xp, but with some linux and thin client stuff). It is you, who should work at ms support... If there is a list, the server name should appear in the list.

A reader wrote us telling his 98 did not have NetBIOS. Nokia N95 NSeries Past Projects PHP AJAX Domain Availability Checker Planescape: Torment Ultima Worlds Windows XP Windows Vista More... AlbanianArabicBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHebrewHindiHungarianIndonesianItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMalteseNorwegianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwedishThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnamese

Home > Windows XP Guides > How to the two on the second router can see each other and we can map a network drive with the ip of the one on the wireless router ... Windows 98 Shared Folder Virtualbox The Subnet mask should be If there is a Internet sharing computer in the network, the Default Gateway and Preferred DNS Server will be the Internet sharing computer's IP address.

Community Sponsors Advertisement WindowsITPro.com Windows Exchange Server SharePoint Virtualization Cloud Systems Management Site Features Contact Us Awards Community Sponsors Media Center RSS Sitemap Site Archive View Mobile Site Penton Privacy Policy Windows 98 Network Settings Everything was explained in much detail. If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started. https://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/hnw_wizard_overvieww.mspx Rather, the problem that I am encountering is access speed to shares.

Log In or Register to post comments Anonymous on Apr 11, 2004 Thanks Bret, you saved the day. Windows 95 File Sharing Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue.View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site. what i did was i make the other OS windows 98.. Log on to the Internet in the master computer.

Windows 98 Network Settings

If it still doesn't say Connected, right-click the connection, Disable. http://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=730757 My Win98 to XP Pro *has been working* for over a year but suddenly stopped. Windows 98 Network Share Routers dynamically allocate IP address to your computers. Windows 98 Connect To Network Share I reloaded the system—same problem.

Hope this helps someone else. see here Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? The only system on the network that has resources which other systems shares its resources is the XP machine which is a fellow client connected to the server running Windows 2000 Log In or Register to post comments snuuz (not verified) on Aug 4, 2004 That fixed it! Which Of The Following Networking Components Receives A Signal Regenerates And Sends It

When both these machines and connected to the LAN they can connect to each other with no problems at all. Similar Threads - Network Printer Cannot get my HPEnvy 4501 wireless printer to connect to my wifi network at home. The drivers will automatically be installed. this page Otherwise, it would be blank.

Your suggestion "I reentered the Win98 user's nonexpiring password in the Win98 user's account on the XP computer" is not feasible in my own scenario since the all the clients using What Is The Standard Irq Setting For The Realtime Clock Another issue is simple file sharing on XP http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307874 this article will help those who are used to windows 2000 networking and the Q258717 article mentioned earlier. i was trying to add a new computer to an existing wireless network,but i had a problem i couldn't do it.can you please help me on how i can get through

I won't forget this one. Configure it such that all your home network computers are in the Trusted Zone. 2) I can't find/connect to my PC Network Server! Stay logged in Sign up now! Networking Windows 95 And Windows 7 It set to 1 by default.

Advertisement Recent Posts New Computer BSOD Issues... For me, it generated several config errors. XP uses an advanced version of IPX/SPX that includes a NetBios compatible. http://magicnewspaper.com/windows-98/network-xp-and-win-me.html XP always could be a client and there is no server version of it, so the Netlogon service mentioned would not work as this is possible in server-client based networks/in domains

This document is Copyright(©) 2001-2008 by G.Ganesh. 26 comments new post [ expand all ] Page: Prev 1 2 Next Show All Sunny0414 (1 posts) Thanks a million for this info.